Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by biggirlsblouse View Post
    Hello - apologies if this isn't the right spot!

I've ordered a PDF copy of a birth certificate from GRO to be emailed a couple of weeks ago - they said it would be dispatched via email on 28 April; and even allowing for the time/date difference, it's still not here, and is still saying in progress on the GRO site.

I did give them all the info that they needed (Volume and page etc); but still nothing.

Just wondering how long it normally takes to get a PDF email... I'm used to "pay and get" instant gratification from the Victorian BMD, so this having to be patient is quite torturous! Although probably not as torturous as the mail from the UK to Australia!

Jodi
    Hi the pdf files are under normal circumstances done quickly and suddenly pop up in your email but judging from what others have said its taking about a month so I will be waiting another 3 weeks for mine. I worked for the civil service and many of us had health issues and would be on lock down now so this would probably account for possibly some staff shortages. I wouldn't have ordered my certificate had I read the covid 19 message as mine isn't urgent. Still I am sure we will get back to normality one dayx

Loves to help with queries

Just to let you know, it took exactly one month from ordering to receiving the email!

Jodi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123