Loves to help with queries

Default Marriage look-up please

I would be very grateful if someone could look at the FMP Image for a marriage between Johannes Haberley and Caterina .......? 2 Feb 1565, Munslow, Shropshire. With many thanks.....Lizzie

I'm replying to myself as I left it too long to do an edit. I have just found an ancestry record (no image) that shows Caterina's name as Katheryne.

Famous for offering help & advice

I found the image it’s very difficult to read I can’t make out Catorinas surname.

Knowledgeable and helpful

The word appears several times in both marriages and baptisms, so I wonder if it is the latin word legittime meaning legitimately or lawfully.

Peter

I agree with Peter.

It's Caterina.

Knowledgeable and helpful

As the surnames of brides and mothers were not recorded, it's difficult to establish who Catarina was.

I searched for a Catarina baptised in Munslow between 1530 and 1550 and got one result.

Catarina Castle or Castell, baptised 24th May 1541 at Shipton, Shropshire, father's name Willielmi.

Genuki describes Shipton as 'a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Munslow'.

There are, of course, many other Catarinas (or variations) baptised elsewhere in Shropshire during the same period, any of whom could be yours!

Peter

Since they were latinizing the men’s forenames, I imagine that all variations of her forename should be considered.

Thank you to all of the above, you are most kind to take the time. I think I've done very well to get back to this 10 x grandmother so I think I will now call it quits. Would have been nice though. Thank you all once again. Lizzie