Post 1st Battalion Queen Victoria Rifles

This is my first post and I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I am trying to find out about the 1st Battalion Queen Victoria Rifles at the start of WW2, my father was captured in France at the beginning of the war and I would like to know more about his capture. Thanks in advance for any information. He is know longer alive and never spoke much about it.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    If you came to us from Forces War Records this will explain our connection.

Forces War Records does have some POW records. On their home page click on Search and from the dropdown menu choose Collections. On the next page scroll down to the very last entry -
    WW11 Daily Reports (missing, dead, wounded, POW's)

I can't take a look because for some reason I am receiving a 403 Forbidden for the page. I will have to investigate that.
    Do you have your father's service record, which are still held by the MoD? If not this 'sticky' explains what you will need to apply and gives the link where you can download the application forms.

You can also use The National Archives site to look for war diaries for the 1st Battalion Queen Victoria Rifles although you won't find him named personally if not an officer.
    Start here at their guide.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Knowledgeable and helpful keith9351's Avatar

Queen Victoria Rifles formed part of a Rifle Brigade sent to delay the Germans and hold on to Calais for as long as possible. If you Google the Siege Of Calais that should give you some idea of the bitter fighting that took place there.

Keith