Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Eustace missing birth certificates

I once again return to the "cousins" of my grand mother. Alice Blanche Eustace and John Eustace are living with my grandmother Annie Mary Whitbread (age 9) in the 1891 census Stratford Essex they say they were born in London England this doesn't change on any other records. . I have all details for them death,census marriage of John as Alice never married living with the aunts until her death in 1923. However what has recently popped up in the baptisms for Stratford St John Essex a baptism for Alice Blanche Eustace born 11.2.1877 father John mother Alice Eustace. Bapt 21.3.1895 she was age 18. I have the only record of John her brothers date of birth from the 1939 census 23.3.1879. Try as I might I cannot find a birth certificate for them. I thought they might have been the children of the Eustace of Brighton with first names changed but this is not the case as I have checked further the 1891 census and the children are all accounted for in Brighton. Nor are they the children of a mother nee Coverdale or Osborne. John and Alice were living with my grandmother and her 2 spinster Aunts because their parents were abroad but I haven't ever proved this.
    I would really like to find a birth certificate for these 2 just to find out what their relationship really was to my grandmother Annie Mary Whitbread (registered under Morley another long and weary story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jane Gee View Post
    I once again return to the "cousins" of my grand mother. Alice Blanche Eustace and John Eustace are living with my grandmother Annie Mary Whitbread (age 9) in the 1891 census Stratford Essex they say they were born in London England this doesn't change on any other records. . I have all details for them death,census marriage of John as Alice never married living with the aunts until her death in 1923. However what has recently popped up in the baptisms for Stratford St John Essex a baptism for Alice Blanche Eustace born 11.2.1877 father John mother Alice Eustace. Bapt 21.3.1895 she was age 18. I have the only record of John her brothers date of birth from the 1939 census 23.3.1879. Try as I might I cannot find a birth certificate for them. I thought they might have been the children of the Eustace of Brighton with first names changed but this is not the case as I have checked further the 1891 census and the children are all accounted for in Brighton. Nor are they the children of a mother nee Coverdale or Osborne. John and Alice were living with my grandmother and her 2 spinster Aunts because their parents were abroad but I haven't ever proved this.
    I would really like to find a birth certificate for these 2 just to find out what their relationship really was to my grandmother Annie Mary Whitbread (registered under Morley another long and weary story!)
    Sorry Johns birth is 23/4/1879 as per 1939 listing

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Alice Blanche Eustace and John Eustace have also been referred to in the following threads, though not necessarily as the main subject.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...d-Green-London
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...hlight=eustace

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hi Pam Thank You for this they are all mine but luckily I have "cracked" my grandmothers birth certificate. I thought if I found a birth date for Alice Blanche Eustace together with her brother Johns date of birth I would have more success with them but to date nothing not even a phone call from Canada some years back from Johns son could shed any light on things. As they knew nothing of their fathers parentage only remembering a visit to see Alice (Aunt) when she was seriously ill in 1923. The baptism for Alice was found yesterday by pure chance of a website I subscribe to strange to see she was 18 when she was baptised.