Question Commando and Enlistment Numbers

Hi there, new to the forum.

Looking for help on the following:

3 bothers from Widnes joined roughly The Territorial Army 1938

Jack MacGregor Wilson (my grandad)I have his army number and found his records.

James (Jim) Cartwright Wilson - after Dunkirk was sent to Scotland to "train to be a killer" and was involved with operations in Norway. I have assumed thus he was a Commando. He had no children so I cannot ask for information. I have no enlistment number.

Albert Atherton Wilson - could not be a soldier as "he was as blind as a bat" but I know he was sent up to Scapa Flow where the submarines left from. Again I cannot find the number of enlistment.

On MOD and Archive sites I have to supply army numbers to access records, which clearly I do not have.

Please advise as to how I can go about finding out this.
    Many Thanks
    Tanja

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    My first question is whether they all survived the War? If any of them didn't, it should be possible to find them on the Commonwealth War Graves site.

The second question is if they survived, what happened to them after the War?

You can apply to the MOD for copies of their service records - see the post HERE. They more information that you can give them, the better, but they require full name and death certificate, 30 pounds and which service they served with.

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
    You do not need service numbers. The link Lesley gave doesn't seem to be working so here it is.

The MoD asks you to supply the person's date of birth OR their service number.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs