Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Default Clara Rose Holly missing in 1911

Clara Rose Holly was born in Salisbury in 1857 and can be found with her family from 1861 to 1901, all helpfully connected on Ancestry.
    RG 9/1317, f93, p16
    RG10/1956. f57, p15
    RG11/ 2072, f 99, p13
    RG12/1621, f58, p9
    RG13/1955, f17, p25

But I can't find her in 1911. She was still alive because she was admitted to Camden Workhouse in 1927, she was in Tooting Bec Hospital in 1939 and lived to 1955 aged 97.

She may have been with her daughter Ethel Maud Holly, who is also missing in 1911. Ethel Maud was born 1879 and was with her mother in Salisbury until she branched out into various nursing jobs and died in 1940.

I think I have tried all kinds of things to find them, like leaving out the surname, or widening the places and dates of birth. Even FMP doesn't seem to show any hits on a free (non-sub) search. Could they have been out of the country? Are bits of the 1911 missing? Or am I just missing something?

I can't find her in the 1911 either (I even checked Scotland. There's a Clara Holley (b 1858 in Watford), but she turned out to be Mrs Holley. There's a Clara Holley (Miss, 1860, Camberwell) but her mother is alive and called Clara.

CA's mother, Patience, died in 1906 in the Salisbury registration district. Since CA was a sick nurse, I wonder whether she took a job in a household after her mother's death, which would explain the move to the London area.. Do you know who registered Patience's death?

Yes, it was Ethel Maud.
    Salisbury: 28th September 1906 at 86 Culver Street,Patience Holly, female, 96 years, widow of Thomas Holly a bricklayer. Chronic bronchitis, senile decay, certified H P Blackmore MD. Registered 1st October 1906 by Ethel Maud Holly, granddaughter, present at the death, (of) 86 Culver Street.

My feeling is that after old Patience's death it was Ethel Maud who took the lead, moving to London to train and taking her mother with her. But who knows?

Just had a browse of the 1911 census. 86 Culver Street (the former home of Clara Rose and Ethel Maud) was then occupied by Walter and Maud Shipsey, aged 24 and 27, married for less than a year, no children. He was a foreman baker.
    So Clara Rose and Ethel Maud had definitely left, but whether it had been just before the Shipseys moved in, or nearer to the time old Patience died (1906), no way to tell.