Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default V-Force Burma 1944

This is my first post on this Forum.
    I am researching my father's activities in Burma in 1944.
    Could any Forum members direct me to information about an operation within the South Lancashire Regiment in Burma at this time known as V-Force .
    Thank You.
    Mr Christopher Pitt.
    Birmingham.
    England.

Have you been in touch with the Burma Star Association?

PS Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Good afternoon Lesley,

Thank you so much for your response.

Do you know anything regarding V-Force ? I understand that the Burma Star organisation is winding down this year. Indeed, this is one of the reasons I am beginning my 'research' at this time.

Where might I be best targeting my enquiries?

Kind Regards,

Christopher Pitt
    Birmingham
    England.

Famous for offering help & advice peter nicholl's Avatar

The South Lancashire Regiment Museum has details of their time in Burma, although you will need to scroll down nearly to the end to find Burma. The V Force appears to be something different to the Regiment, more of a mixed bag, including civilians and those with local knowledge. Perhaps similar to the Maqis, sabotage and information gathering, apparently.
    Peter Nicholl
    Researching:Nicholl,Boater, Haselgrove & Vaughan

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by peter nicholl View Post
    The South Lancashire Regiment Museum has details of their time in Burma, although you will need to scroll down nearly to the end to find Burma. The V Force appears to be something different to the Regiment, more of a mixed bag, including civilians and those with local knowledge. Perhaps similar to the Maqis, sabotage and information gathering, apparently.
    Thank you very much Peter.
    Christopher Pitt
    Birmingham
    England

I’m sorry, I don’t know any more, that’s why I suggested the Burma Star folk.
    It might be worth asking if someone is going to be maintaining their archives, or if they’ll be passed to one of the big archives. Fro example, I inherited my Dad’s databases for the Cranwell Boy Entrants - he put too much work into them to let they disappear.

If nothing else, if they haven’t arranged something, your query might remind them to think about it.