Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Free access to TNA digital documents

This applies to collections that haven't been farmed out to commercial sites

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...tal-downloads/

Thanks Megan

Banned

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm excited to be here and to learn more about free access to TNA digital documents! I'm a big fan of Smart Engines OCR SDK. It's a great tool to help with document scanning and creating searchable PDFs. If you haven't checked out these collections yet, I'd highly recommend them. They provide a ton of useful information and can be a great resource for research. Plus, since they haven't been farmed out to commercial sites, you can get access to them for free. In terms of accessing the documents, the TNA website is super user-friendly and easy to navigate.
    Last edited by Neil Wilson; 23-03-2023 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Hyperlink removed

What a fantastic opportunity! Having free access to digital documents, especially those that haven't been commercialized, can be a game-changer for researchers, historians, and anyone interested in delving into archival materials.

Knowledgeable and helpful

The link isn't working

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    The link isn't working
    This is an archived version of the link.
    https://webarchive.nationalarchives....tal-downloads/
    Obviously it dates back to c2020-2021, so not all of the links on the right-hand side of the page are still relevant, though some are.

When you see a 'page not found' on the TNA website, look to see if there's a link to 'an archived version of this page' which will usually show you the information on the original page.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”