Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mynott in Cambridge

Hi. My great x 4 grandmother was in guilden Morden, Cambridge in 1817. She baptised her illegitimate son William in the parish church. She is described as Martha Maria Mynott. Abode - guilden Morden. Pauper. The father was William James Dickerson, a drover from Edmunton. I'm assuming this was Edmonton in London. I know Guilden morden had a workhouse but cannot find where to look for records of past inmates. The only Martha Mynott I can find was born in Essex to Ruth and Edward Mynott in 1801. None from Cambridge. I do not want to assume this is my Martha but cannot otherwise cross reference. Her son William moved to London after marrying a lady from nearby Litlington. She lived on a farm of a chap called James Dickason. Similar name to that on Williams baptism records but again a leap of faith. I cannot find him on the 1841 census. This has been my brick wall for 15 years! Any help would be very gratefully received.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

1841 Census is on Familysearch/ Lordship Farm, Litlington, Cambridgeshire/ James Dickason age 45
    1851 " " " Farmer of 463 acres " 56

Growing old Disgracefully

Is this the death you have for MMM

Name: Mary Martha Mynott
    Registration Year: 1857
    Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Registration district: Newington
    Inferred County: London
    Volume: 1d, Page: 1

did he have a brother John Mynott as on 1861 census next person down is a john

Did he marry Mary Lawrance father William Lawrence.

was this is marriage that I found says his father Is James Mynott occ Farmer

His occ is Bricklayer

Thank you for your reply! I know Mary Martha Mynott was the daughter of William. 1851-1857. As far as I know William was an ok my child.

Yes that’s him! I’m assuming he lists his father as a Mynott to hide his illegitimacy. I also tend to think his father was actually James Dickason from Litlington although have hunches rather than proof. Mary lived on the farm of James Dickason in the 1841 census.

This is who I suspect is Williams actually father. I cannot find any record of a William James Dickerson from Edmonton.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

I don't think the James Dickason ...Farmer is your man. From what I can tell Martha is not on any census with him. Where did you get that info from? I think it's more likely to be James Dickinson 1841 census age 45/ Edmonton Middlesex and 1851 census age 58 b Edmonton/ Cow Dealer...Both on Familysearch.

Thank you. That sounds more likely. The information linking Martha to the Litlington farmer came from another Mynott researcher years ago. I still cannot find a Martha Mynott from Cambridge though. Just the Essex one daughter of Ruth and Edward. I believe she married John Hockley in 1822 in Saffron Walden. I would like to find William and Martha on the 1841 census. Mynott is often misspelt - sometime spectacularly - so it’s not always easy to find family. Thanks again for your help.

This is a transcription that is on Ancestry but I can not see the orignal

Name: William Mynott Or Dickerson
    Baptism Date: 10 Nov 1817
    Baptism Place: Guilden Morden,Cambridge,England
    Father: William Jas Dickerson
    Mother: Maria Mynott
    FHL Film Number: 990375

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast