Knowledgeable and helpful

Default What does 'Marriage Finder' mean on FMP?

In 'lockdown' and doing a bit of digging for a cousin on her 'other' side of the family. The Taylors. Without spending any money (!) I've made quite a bit of progress.

Frederick William Taylor born 4Q 1891 in West Ham, Essex. His father (from 1911 census) was George Taylor. Mother was Ellena Taylor from the same source. Married 20 years according to the 1911 census. Looking for their marriage on FMP it says George Taylor married in 4Q 1890 in West Ham but it says to "Ellena Cook or Eleanor Jessie Church" in a green band marked "Marriage Finder". I can't find the marriage on Ancestry.

Anyone know what this 'Marriage Finder' and two possible brides means please?

Reputation beyond repute

There are up to two marriages per page (per exact GRO reference). Two marriages mean two grooms and two brides. The GRO index for that period doesn't indicate who married whom. Thus the area of doubt.

Try the same search using FreeBMD when it all become a lot clearer.

There's a transcription for the marriage on Ancestry.4th Oct 1890, West Ham.

George Taylor 29, father Frederick. Ellena Cook 24, father John.
    Alma

Knowledgeable and helpful

I'll check BMD - thank you. I don't know why Ancestry didn't find it - I'll try again! Thank you.