Thread: HYDE Hides

Starting to feel at home

Default HYDE Hides

i am having trouble finding a baptism for John Hides (Hyde) supposedly born in Covenham Lincolnshire...Help....I have him on the census returns for 1841 TO 1861 when he died His wife Elizabeths death i havent got but presume it is before the 1871 census as she was 73 in 1861.

My brickwall on this family is their grandson Charles who i cannot find on the 1861 census when he was 19. In 1851 he is at home with his family in Louth and in 1871 is in Cullercoats Northumberland as a labourer...have tried and tried to find him but no joy yet...

Starting to feel at home

Sorry this shouldnt be in Yorkshire but brickwalls and i am not sure how to move it...on a plus side i tik ive found Elizabeths death in 1873 so 1871 census anybody...Saltfleetby area

Starting to feel at home

Default 1871 CENSUS ELIZABETH HYDE

I AM LOOKING FOR AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE ON ELIZABETH HYDE on the 1871 census in or around Saltfleetby in Lincolnshire. She should be a widow about 83 years old

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Groundhopper,
    To avoid confusion, I've moved your post about Elizabeth in the 1871 census to your original post about the Hyde/Hides family.

With regard to Elizabeth, have you checked out all her children/grandchildren, to see if she might be living with them and, especially in the case of married daughters, be indexed under their married names?

I will now move this thread to the Lincolnshire forum.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Well Elizabeth isn't hard to find in 1871. RG10/3407 folio 86 page 15. Saltfleetby St Peter. Aged 85.
    Ag lab's widow.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhopper View Post
    i am having trouble finding a baptism for John Hides (Hyde) supposedly born in Covenham Lincolnshire...Help....I have him on the census returns for 1841 TO 1861 when he died His wife Elizabeths death i havent got but presume it is before the 1871 census as she was 73 in 1861.

My brickwall on this family is their grandson Charles who i cannot find on the 1861 census when he was 19. In 1851 he is at home with his family in Louth and in 1871 is in Cullercoats Northumberland as a labourer...have tried and tried to find him but no joy yet...
    If your only problem with Charles is not being able to find him in the 1861 census, then I wouldn't waste too much worrying over that. Don't forget that there are chunks of various censuses missing.
    Can we presume that you've found him in 1881, 1891, etc? If not, what are the census references for 1851 and 1871, and how is his surname spelt?

Pam

1851 HO107 Piece 2111 Folio 542 Page Number 21 (Charles Hyre, corrected to Hyde)
    1871 RG10 Piece 5122 Folio 32 Page 58 (Charles Wyde, corrected to Hyde)
    1881 RG11 Piece 5082 Folio 110 Page 18 [Hyde}
    1891 RG12 Piece 4230 Folio 45 Page 21 [Hyde]
    1901 RG13 Piece 4804 Folio 121 Page 10 [Hyde]
    Charles has died between 1901 and 1911 and his widow has remarried to a John Robert Brownlee. They have 3 daughters age 6, 4 and 2 and living with them is Charles and Mary J's son William henry Hyde. I think William may have died in WW1.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Starting to feel at home

thanks for that info...Pam do we have an address in Saltfleetby and i always wonder why he ended up in Northumberland having been raised in Lincolnshire... i dream of possible military service in the Crimean war or Indian mutiny... but hey ho he was probably down the pub with his mates or working in some field...His widows remarriage is new to me Christanel so thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhopper View Post
    thanks for that info...Pam do we have an address in Saltfleetby and i always wonder why he ended up in Northumberland having been raised in Lincolnshire... i dream of possible military service in the Crimean war or Indian mutiny... but hey ho he was probably down the pub with his mates or working in some field...His widows remarriage is new to me Christanel so thank you.
    You may well find that it was nothing more than the fact that he could earn more working in the industrial north-east than working in Lincolnshire fields.

Pam

Starting to feel at home

Probably..address in Saltfleetby for Elizabeth in 1871?