Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ROBINSON FAMILY

Growing old Disgracefully

Good finds alma do you not sleep at night lol i was thinking the same maybe he married more than once .

Hi Sandy,

My sleep patterns are erratic, and they've been worse than usual during the present lockdown. Sleeplessness seems to be common with genealogists, I first started using forums to help people when I wasn't sleeping at night time, it gave me a chance to exercise my brain On some forums, people think I'm an antipodean.

Have a nice day or the best you can under present circumstances.
    Alma

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    Hi Sandy,

My sleep patterns are erratic, and they've been worse than usual during the present lockdown. Sleeplessness seems to be common with genealogists, I first started using forums to help people when I wasn't sleeping at night time, it gave me a chance to exercise my brain On some forums, people think I'm an antipodean.

Have a nice day or the best you can under present circumstances.
    Me I sleep all day and night at the moment but I'm getting better. at the moment awaiting results of blood test. they said I had 2 virus in my white blood cells 2 weeks ago, yes I have to be different. I have grandson in afternoons hes at school in the mornings as both parents are key workers.

I'm getting more and more confused with these Thomas Robinson and Elizabeth's

I found Thomas Robinson occ. Butcher another occ Grocer and this one is a Sawyer.

Sandy, Good luck with your blood test.

Yes, Robinson seems to be a popular name in the area as does Thomas Robinson and Elizabeth. Best of luck with the search.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

ok...so what i have is my ancester THOMAS FENWICK son of John Joseph Fenwick and Isabel Simpson Fenwick formerly Robinson was born ar 1 Lodge street Stockton in 1873.

Isobels marriage certificate in 1872 gives her father Thomas as a warehouseman.

1871 Thomas a warehouseman 61 born Harrogate and Elizabeth 59 born Knaresborough living at 1 Lodge street.

1861same address Thomas an assistant grocer 51 born Leeds Elizabeth 49 born Knaresborough and Isabella s daughter 15 scholar born stockton plus 2 Outhwaites who were cousins of Elizabeth.

1851 same address Thomas aged 41 Elizabeth 39 Elizabeth daughter aged 13 Isabell aged 5 and Harriett aged 3.
    Isabell simpson Robinsons s birth certificate in 1846 gives her father as a sawyerand her place of birth as Brunswick street stockton and her mothers maiden name ar Simpson.

in 1841 Thomas 33 sawyer and Elizabeth 34 are with Ann 8 Elizabeth 3 and a Thomas Moore plasterer
    Thomas died in 1880 at 1 Lodge street but i havent got a death for his wife.
    It was witnessed by a cousin of his wife so maybe she had died between 1871 and 1880.

by 1871 Isabel had left home and was a servant to Stockton M.P. Joseph Dodds.

On the Parish records microfilm i had seen the children were numbered Grace 6th Isobel Simpson 7 Harriett 8 Margaret 10 hence my enquiery re daughrwe 1 to 5 and 9.
    we have an Ann and Elizabeth on the1841 census but i havent been able to find their baptisms...

Starting to feel at home

i am worried by the 1845 marriage quoted as they appear to be living with children in 1841 Having said that i have found a baptism for Elizabeth Simpson in Knaresborough in 1811 the son of Thomas Simpson hairdresser so that fits also a Thomas Robinson is baptised in Harrogate in July 1809 the son of William Robinson who possiblr married Isabella How in Leeds in 1808. How thois all fits i dont know or if it does

Starting to feel at home

oh and also my baptism date for Grace 6th daughter was 20 October 1842 and the one mentioned here was 25 February so either i have made a mistake on dates or thwere are two in the same year.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Groundhopper - I've split your post #25 into easy-to read paragraphs. You might understand what you're talking about, but our brains need time to digest the information,

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhopper View Post
    i am worried by the 1845 marriage quoted as they appear to be living with children in 1841
    Have you stopped to carefully read every single word that has been posted by people other than yourself in this thread? In particular posts 11, 12, 15, 16,17, and 19.

Having said that i have found a baptism for Elizabeth Simpson in Knaresborough in 1811 the son of Thomas Simpson hairdresser so that fits also a Thomas Robinson is baptised in Harrogate in July 1809 the son of William Robinson who possiblr married Isabella How in Leeds in 1808. How thois all fits i dont know or if it does
    I don't wish to be unkind, but I suggest that you re-read this paragraph, and then re-write it. For starters - Elizabeth the son of Thomas? And the rest I simply don't understand. As I said in post #12 - tell us where you find stuff. What other records have you searched to find a particular record? I can assure you that there is nothing more annoying than wasting time searching records that someone has already searched.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundhopper View Post
    oh and also my baptism date for Grace 6th daughter was 20 October 1842 and the one mentioned here was 25 February so either i have made a mistake on dates or thwere are two in the same year.
    The February baptism PR is on FMP. Have you checked it? If you click on the image, then click the arrow on the right-hand side of the page, at the bottom of the page you will see written 39 of 195. Alter the 39 to 194, press go, and that will take you to the page for 20 October.

You may have found a baptism for a Grace Robinson in another church. That's why it is so important that you record accurately, and in great detail, exactly what you find and where.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

someone raised a marriage in 1845 but i raised the point that i have them living with children in 1841 so cautious but i havent an alternative. The couple in Stockton give their places of birth as Harrogate and Knaresborough thus my comment that i had found a baptism of Elizabeth Simpson in Knaresborough in 1811 DAUGHTER of Thomas Simpson, hairdresser and offered an baptism date Thomas Robinson in Harrogate the son of William Robinson who could have married Isabella How in Leeds in 1808. This could explain the use of the name Isabella and also why Harrogate and Leeds were both used in the census as his place of birth. My refernces in the family history are from the census returns obviously and certificates.And the baptisms of the children were all on the same microfilm so would have been the same church

someone raised a marriage in 1845 but i raised the point that i have them living with children in 1841 so cautious but i havent an alternative.
    I'm overtired and must go to bed, so a brief post from me.

You must read and digest posts #17 and #19

It seems Thomas was married twice first to Elizabeth Winteringham and then to Elizabeth Simpson in 1845, I suggest Elizabeth in the 1841 census is Thomas' first wife, Elizabeth Winteringham.

You do need to read the whole thread and take in all the information supplied.
    Alma

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast