Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Sue, sorry to bother you again but I have one more family that I am hoping you could look up in the Aided Immigration book. John & Mary Keogh with their daughter Mary came to New Zealand from South Africa on the Barque Alfred and was hoping to find the ship that they left England on. If you do find them in the Aided Immigration book, could you please e-mail the relevant pages to [email protected] Any assistance you can give is very much appreciated. Moni

John(24) and Mary (18) were listed separately on the Jalawar so may have been brother and sister rather than husband and wife. In the appendix for the Alfred sailing to New Zealand John is listed with two Mary's, but no ages give. They could have been a wife acquired in SA and a sister rather than a wife and daughter.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Can you please help me with something about the information you sent me re: John Keogh. It says he travelled on the J&L-Stanley. I looked it on page 29 that you sent re: Jalawar.

Do I have this right? The John & Lucy was wrecked but no loss of life, two ships were sent to continue transporting them, in John's case the Stanley?

Have I got this right?

And can you see if there are immigraqtion details for his to-be wife Maryann Sophia Chisnell Noonan.

Regards
    Moni

You are right about the John and Lucy. There was an 18 year old Mary Noonan from County Clare on the same ship.
    Sue Mackay

Esme Bull's book can now be viewed on Family Search here.
    Sue Mackay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12