Thread: susan taylor

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default susan taylor

Hi I live in Australia and started research last year. not sure how this works

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Effectively, this works like a collection of pin boards in a club. You pick one that is appropriate (eg by geography, or by theme (occupation, historical topic, etc), and post something about your current research. Also in this (finding your feet) is a sub-folder called Navigating Brit Gen. near the top is a thread called Helping up to help you which deals with how to formulate a query to have a chance of getting help.

Enjoy

Hi Susan and welcome
    Salamander Bay eh, I lived at Lake Macquarie for 55 years. It is lovely when I 'meet' someone from an area I know.
    If for some reason you are not on the Forum page (we had a site up date a few weeks ago) scroll down to the bottom of the page and in the blue bar you will see Home. Click on it and it will take you to the forums page that Lesley is referring to. A warning, if you intend reading the posts to see how things work better get yourself a large pot of tea to see you through!
    Don't worry too much about where to post your queries, one of the mods can always move a post if needed.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs