Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default grandfather, served with the Polish army

Hi

I'm pretty sure I'm in the wrong place but I'm trying to find any information about my grandfather, who served with the polish army in WW2.
    We have his Alien Registration card from when he moved to the UK, which has various bits of information on. I am just at a loss as to where i go from here...Can anyone help?

Leanne
    Last edited by Beeaah; 01-04-2020 at 6:28 PM. Reason: typo

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forum Leanne
    If you came to us from Forces War Records this will explain the connection.

I know nothing about obtaining Polish WW11 service records but doing a search brought up this blog site where the owner explains how he went about it. There is an email address to contact at the UK Ministry of Defence. Now his ancestor's Polish regiment seems to have been attached to the British army but the MoD may be able to put you on the right track.

Here is the National Archives research guide for records concerning Polish Forces and Polish Resettlement Corps. Now whether this only refers to when they were stationed in the UK I don't know.
    Here is a Polish forum discussing this subject

Other's may have some more specific information.

Christina

I have also given your post a thread of its own in the WW2 1939-1945 forum with the title 'grandfather, served with the Polish army'
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs