Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SYRETT Greetings

Hello to all.
    Came across this site this morning. Looking for some help with SYRETT's from Colchester Essex Eng. area. I have been at this for quite sometime but have hit a brick.

I am looking for Stephen Syrett father of William as listed on William Charlotte Marriage Certificate as Labourer. England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915

Edward William Syrett 1816-1898 Married Charlotte Page at Colchester 1848.
    1837-1915 3rd great-grandfather
    Walter Syrett Sr. 1861-1929
    Son of Edward William Syrett
    Walter Syrett 1886-1961
    Son of Walter Syrett Sr.
    Walter Thomas Arthur Syrett 1912-1974
    Son of Walter Syrett
    David Walter Syrett 1940-2016
    Son of Walter Thomas Arthur Syrett
    xxx Syrett
    You are the son of David Walter Syrett

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike Syrett
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 31-03-2020 at 7:47 PM. Reason: Name of potentially living person removed in accordance with our T&Cs.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. We have some enthusiastic and expert members, so hopefully someone will be able to help.

I am looking for Stephen Syrett father of William as listed on William Charlotte Marriage Certificate as Labourer. England & Wales, Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915
    Hi Mike and welcome to Brit-Gen.

I'm wondering if you've made a mistake with the name William and it was Edward Syrett who married Charlotte? I can see a marriage for Edward Syrett, father Stephen in Colchester, he married Charlotte Page.
    Alma

Thanks Alma,

My mistake, Edward married Charlotte. Stephen is listed as his father.

Thank you for the correction.

Mike

I'm having no luck finding Stephen. The only record I've found as yet which may or may not be him is a marriage:

20th Jan 1788 at St Mary, Lawford, Essex. Stephen Syrett bachelor and Elizabeth Caley single, witnesses William Lake and Mary Murdock
    Alma

Thank you for the lead.
    I have not seen those names in my research.
    Do you know what the proximity is between St Mary, Lawford to St Leonards, Colchester?
    It is difficult sometimes when i do not have the geography knowledge. I had previously found Stephen in Shorditch as well but was not sure.
    If you find anything else I'm happy to follow up.

Thank you

Mike

Mike, according to Google Maps it's 8.7 miles

I found the marriage on FreeReg if you don't know the site Mr Google will find if for you
    Alma

HI Alma
    Thats interesting. My look up shows a variation in surname spelling.
    Stephen Syrate
    Stephen Syret

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/1473014

Neither shows any connection to Edward Syrett

Still looking

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post
    I'm having no luck finding Stephen. The only record I've found as yet which may or may not be him is a marriage:

20th Jan 1788 at St Mary, Lawford, Essex. Stephen Syrett bachelor and Elizabeth Caley single, witnesses William Lake and Mary Murdock
    Stephen Syrett and Elizabeth Caley have a few children born in Suffolk, people did move about more than some realise.

Stephen and Elizabeth had a son named Stephen, I wonder if he could be Edward's father.

Stephen Syret, 28th Oct 1788, Creeting St Peter, Suffolk, parents: Stephen Syret and Elizabeth Caley
    Alma

Mike,if you want more info about specific areas, try GENUKi.org.uk There’s a lot of useful information (from the genealogist’s point of view) there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast