Default White and Armstrong

Hello,

I have been trying for months now to build my family tree and I just cannot seem to find any information on the below people.

Could any assist with any information on the following people.

1. Benjamin White
    2. Alexander Henry White
    3. Joseph Armstrong
    4. Elizabeth Armstrong

I would like to know where they all were born and hopefully know the mother's names for Alexander and Elizabeth and if they had any siblings

Thank you for any help you could offer.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

You obviously can't have just plucked these names out of thin air so where have they come from, and what sort of dates are involved?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Hello Pam,

I am the great great grand daughter of Alexander Henry White and Elizabeth Armstrong.

There daughter Ethel Victoria White/Lennon was my grandmother's mother Elizabeth Mary Lennon

I cannot find any birth records for Alexander Henry White or Elizabeth Armstrong to build my tree further

This is what I was able to find on them https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-India-Census?

Michelle
    Last edited by michellemannas; 31-03-2020 at 2:30 PM. Reason: grammatical errors

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Although it's been eight years since that thread was started I can't easily find any further information.

I don't believe the original poster, 1837, said where they'd found that Elizabeth Armstrong was the wife of Alexander Henry White, so unless you have personal knowledge of that fact treat it with caution.

Findmypast has images of the entry of the marriage certificate of Ethel and Francis Lennon, plus the baptims of three children of Alexander and Eliza/Elizabeth White. (post #4 by geneius in original thread.)

I have no experience of searching for Indian records, so can only suggest that you contact the FIBIS (post #5) to see if they could suggest anything to you, and check the newspapers for any BMD announcemnts. Not easy when you're dealing with White as a surname, though you do have the advantage of being to add India as a key word.
    British Newspaper Archive is the main site, otherwise all except the latest updates are on FMP.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thank you Pam, I seem to have found one more daughter of Alexander Henry White in the meantime so I will keep looking, I am interested to know who 1937 is since he/she asked a lot a question regarding my family.

Michelle

Hi,

I seem to have hit a dead end trying to find the following people.

1. Benjamin White
    2. Alexander Henry White (b 1855 died 13/04/1904 bu 14/04/1904 Bangalore)
    3. Joseph Armstrong
    4. Elizabeth Armstrong (maybe born around 1868 wife of Alexander Henry White)

I would like to know where they all were born and hopefully know the mother's names for Alexander and Elizabeth and if they had any siblings

Thank you for any help you could offer.

There's a Mary Elizabeth Armstrong born 23rd Jan 1861, baptised 10th Feb 1861 at Toungoo, Bengal.
    Parents Joseph and Wilhelmina.

Alma.
    Alma

Thank you Alma. This could possibly be her as one of the daughters for Alexander Henry White and Elizabeth was named Mabel Wilhelmina and my grandmother was named Elizabeth Mary.

On FIBIS I found an entry that Alexander Henry White and Elizabeth Armstrong were married in 1886, he was 30 and she was 18, if this is the case the birth year you found may not be a match.

Thank you so much for looking into this.

Michelle