Thread: Ancestry

Famous for offering help & advice

Default Ancestry

Is anyone else having problems with Ancestry? Text in one block,punctuation up the wall,trouble opening message boards?

One thing after another on the site,takes them months to sort problems which then seems to cause other problems! And of course contacting them is a whole different thing!

My account is with the .co.uk branch and I've had no trouble this afternoon...

Famous for offering help & advice

My account also .co.uk. I’ve tried logging out and in again. Have sent a message to Ancestry,I won’t hold my breath that they reply quickly.

I am wondering if it’s my settings although I haven’t changed anything!m

Pam.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

I am .com.au and similar problems also.
    Contactng Ancestry by phone the usual response is "it's a browser problem" and you are left to deal with it.

I use ancestry.co.uk and it is fine.
    It could well be your browser. I have been accessing Lancs OPC on Firefox for years and a few months ago it decided not to let me. I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled but still no go. Downloaded Chrome and no go there either. The only browser I can access it with is Microsoft Edge. Who knows why? I deleted all cookies and history whilst trying to rectify it but no help. My laptop does need a good cleanup I think but it will have to wait for a few weeks now.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I’m using it with WIN 10 and Chrome. After an update, Chrome stopped running the online catalogue I use for the museum that I care for, and I am now using it with Edge. In line with suggestions after the update, I had made a few changes to the security section of Chrome, but cannot remember what. I have obviously blocked something critical.
    Maybe while I’m in solitary, I’ll get around to sorting it out.