Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by TrapperB View Post
    Could I get help with some info I found? I think these are different than the other Thomas Priors already mentioned.. Any chance either of these do not show up on later census's?

Thomas Prior, age 9 in the 1861 census.
    Birthplace: Little Dean
    Father: Henry
    Mother: Elizabeth
    Event Place: Great Torrington
    Residence note: School Lane

Thomas Prior, also age 9 in the 1861 census.
    Birthplace: Tiverton
    Father: William
    Mother: Hannah
    Event Place: Tiverton
    Residence note: St Andrews Street
    The first one in Great Torrington can be found in 1871.

Thomas son of William and Hannah in Tiverton I cannot find in 1861, where did you find the record? I've looked on two sites I use. Can you post the census reference, it will begin with RG9 followed by a piece, folio, page reference.
    Alma

There is a William and Hannah Prior at St Andrews Street, Tiverton on the 1861 census, they have three children with them Maria, Francis and James but no Thomas.
    Alma

Almach,
    Re. the family at St Andrews Street, Tiverton in '61 (RG09 1479 127 18) FMP has transcribed them as William Hannah, Maria, Frances and Thomas. The original is clearly James.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Have you checked?

https://ngb.chebucto.org/Parish/index.shtml

You can also click on "Home" to see what help is available.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Almach,
    Re. the family at St Andrews Street, Tiverton in '61 (RG09 1479 127 18) FMP has transcribed them as William Hannah, Maria, Frances and Thomas. The original is clearly James.
    Helachau, I didn't look on FMP, I do have a sub but find it unwieldy, however, it does have some records not available on other sites. I looked at The Genealogist and Ancestry.

That's an example of why looking at an original record, not the index, is important.
    Alma

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345