Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Help tracing RSJ Heard 59814

I’m struggling to find any record of the above.

He was awarded the 39-45 star , Defence medal , and the Africa service medal.

Any help or guidance greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I'm not very up on military acronyms, so is RSJ a military 'title' or his initials? Not such a dumb question as it might sound because I've checked FreeBMD for a birth registration with those initials 1890-1925 without success, though FreeBMD isn't yet a complete transcription of the birth registrations in England and Wales between those dates. Nor have I checked Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands.

Either way, if he was serving after 1921 his service records are still held by the MoD. Details of how to apply for them can be found here. https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-WW2-amp-after
    Some aspects of a person's career/events in their military life can be found in various separate records, some of which have been transcribed by FWR.

If you have further details of this person (e.g. first names, year of birth) we may be able to help you more, depending on exactly what you want to know. Do bear in mind that we are British-Genealogy, and therefore deal mainly with family history, not military history.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice simmo1's Avatar

Hi

You wont find anything/much online, as Pam said you need to apply for his service records from MOD.
    Was he with the Royal Army Service Corps?
    I would have thought he would have been entitled to the War Medal as well - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Me...9%E2%80%931945

regards

Robert
    Remembering

My Father 1819170 Lance Bombardier Robert Simpson 39/14 L.A.A. R.A.