Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    Well in this new world / reality that we are all embarking upon its a fine time to learn new things- and genealogy can become really addictive- a bit like being a detective
    Yea I am being to find that out!

Would you be able to help out with Henry Vernon Stroud, Born 18th February 1914, started in the RAMC I think until he went to Mons Officer Training Centre, Aldershot during or just before WW2. Then during the war he was in the Tank regiment, and then the RAOC afterwards.
    His medals are, 1939-1945 Star, France and Germany Star, Victory, War, General Service with Malaya clasp
    I have 2 service numbers for him:-
    176720 this is on a military pass, his rank was then Captain, I am assuming he was in the RAOC as its dated 1953.
    Somewhen towards the end of the war he was in a staff car going to Germany, and one of his Tank drivers fell asleep and ran the car over everyone inside apart from Henry was killed, Henry was very badly injured, and the story goes thats why the Russians got to Germany first!! Evelyn Thomas married Henry in 1946, their back gardens backed on to each other, so Henry really did marry the girl next door!?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by 11429976 View Post
    Would you be able to help out with Henry Vernon Stroud, Born 18th February 1914, started in the RAMC I think until he went to Mons Officer Training Centre, Aldershot during or just before WW2. Then during the war he was in the Tank regiment, and then the RAOC afterwards.
    Henry Vernon Stroud already has his own thread so please post all replies concerning him there.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...oud?highlight=

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12