Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Philezra

Default Looking for Marriage of Michael and Frances F

Hi.

On 4 August 1841, Ralph Barrow married Bridget Fitzpatrick in Madras, India.

Bridget died on 12 August 1887 aged 63 so she was born around May 1824. She was described as “of Cork”.

This would have made Bridget 17 years of age – what was she doing in India, so young and getting married?

One of their sons, Walter William Barrow, was baptised in St Helier, Channel Islands. It refers to Bridget as daughter of Michael and Frances Fitzpatrick.

When I was given the marriage details, it referred to Bridget as “Bridget Fitzpatrick Carpenter”…..I’m wondering whether her father may have been a carpenter???

Another daughter, Elizabeth married Patrick Smith (in St Helier), who was born on 16 January 1837 in Clonmel, Tipperary – I have no idea whether this may help any research.

Can anyone suggest a marriage for Michael and Frances or siblings for Bridget?

Thank you

Hi
    Just had a look at the marriage and it reads like her last name was Carpenter, at the bottom she is described as Bridget F. Carpenter

Peanut

Hi
    Just found Francis Alice baptism in Madras 1843 to Ralph and Bridget but it doesn’t give Bridget maiden name and the same with Joseph Ralph 1846 in Poonamilee no mother’s maiden name

Peanut

Philezra

This is the confusion - her parents are FITZPATRICK...........on the marriage certificate, is there any mention of her father?

Hi
    Sorry it doesn’t give their fathers names

Peanut

Hi
    Just found Eliza baptism and it does say daughter of Ralph and Bridget Fitzpatrick, found 5 baptism in India for Ralph and Bridget

Peanut

Hi
    Found 5 baptisms in India for Ralph and Bridget, i have just posted this same message twice don’t know where the first one went
    Peanut

Famous for offering help & advice

you probably know this already - the 1855 St Helier baptism record for Louisa Barrow gives her mother's name as Bridget Carpenter

Philezra

Peanut - thank you. Which names do you have for the 5 baptisms please?

Hi
    Arthur John 18/6/1850 Madras
    Eliza 29/2/1848. Bangalor St Marks
    Francis Alice 26/2/1843 Madras
    Joseph Ralph 2/2/1846 Poonamilee
    Samuel 23/7/1852 Bangalor

Peanut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast