Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Settling in

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post

Poor Jessie was in the Liverpool Blue Coat Hospital, Church Road, Wavertree, in 1911.
    Census reference RG14/22693 SN9999
    Jessie Lawson, 11, inmate, born Liverpool
    I believe this was actually the Blue Coat grammar school she was attending at that time, formerly a hospital.

I am about to look into that website to possibly order the certificate. 19 Sep 1918 in Kirkdale
    Hold fire on that, Progatron, as I have found the marriage certificate online.

Kirkdale St Lawrence, 19th Sept 1918.
    Alexander R??????? Kennedy, 27yrs, bachelor, soldier, abode: Canadian General Hospital, Westminster Road, father: Richard Thomas Kennedy, machinist.
    Jessie Lawson, 19yrs, spinster, 27 Rus??in Street, father: Charles Howard, sailor, Royal Navy.
    Witnesses: Frederick Thomas Williams and James Chadwick Pemberton.
    Alma

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by almach View Post

Alexander R??????? Kennedy, 27yrs, bachelor, soldier, abode: Canadian General Hospital, Westminster Road, father: Richard Thomas Kennedy, machinist.
    Jessie Lawson, 19yrs, spinster, 27 Rus??in Street, father: Charles Howard, sailor, Royal Navy.
    Right, that's it. I am off to have the most massive sulk of all sulks, because I thought I'd looked for it online. Without success. Life is a bitch, And I'm not 'appy.

Where did you find it, Alma?

Pam
    who's off to drown her sorrows in two cups of weak tea.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Settling in

Wow! I've already ordered it, but where did you find it online? Is there an image I can view?

In other news, I've just found the marriage details for John Howard and Fanny Swift, December 1937 in Liverpool N.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Wow! I've already ordered it, but where did you find it online? Is there an image I can view?

In other news, I've just found the marriage details for John Howard and Fanny Swift, December 1937 in Liverpool N.
    I found it in Ancestry's

" Liverpool, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1932"
    Alma

Settling in

I found it in Ancestry's

I've been humming and hawing over that, but it seems I might have to shell out the extra cost to upgrade my account, as I can't see a lot of those overseas images.

I found it in Ancestry's

So near, yet, so far.
    I was looking in the very mis-leadingly titled All Lancashire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1936 dataset. I'd even gone down the 'browse' route of looking for the parish in the list. Did notice that there seemed to be a lack of Liverpool parishes but wasn't clever enough to think that Ancestry would group them into another dataset.

Pam

Alexander's middle name is Richard.
    Think Jessie's address is Ruskin Street. I originally thought it said Ruslain Street, but google maps only came up with Ruskin Street. If you look at the previous page in the PR, one of the father's occupation is a boilermaker and the K seems to have the same 'shape' as in Jessie's address.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    So near, yet, so far.
    I was looking in the very mis-leadingly titled All Lancashire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1936 dataset. I'd even gone down the 'browse' route of looking for the parish in the list. Did notice that there seemed to be a lack of Liverpool parishes but wasn't clever enough to think that Ancestry would group them into another dataset.

Pam
    I agree Pam, that Ancestry's 'logic' is confusing and I bet many researchers have missed records by looking at the 'All Lancashire' records which of course isn't true as ALL Lancashire records are not included within that database. Another example is Ancestry's database for "Manchester, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1930" They also have a separate data set for Manchester Cathedral marriages.

ETA: those are just some examples, there are more!
    Last edited by almach; 07-03-2020 at 8:42 PM. Reason: Added extra information
    Alma

Settling in

Would anyone care to send me that image? I do have a hard copy on the way, probably won't be for a week or two though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast