Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Michael McLoughlin DOB around 1840

Hi,

I'm struggling to find his birth. I have his marriage cert, Catherine lee and his death cert 1907, and the church he was baptised in. The census says he was born in Bolton. His dad was Michael DOB around 1811 Ireland and I think he was married to a Bridget. I need to be sure who his dad is so I can trace back further in Ireland. Michael's so was John Mcloughlin, his son John William (my grandad) and my dad John Kenneth. I have all that information

Thanks ,

Peter

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by petermac68 View Post
    Hi,

I'm struggling to find his birth. I have his marriage cert, Catherine lee and his death cert 1907, and the church he was baptised in. The census says he was born in Bolton. His dad was Michael DOB around 1811 Ireland and I think he was married to a Bridget. I need to be sure who his dad is so I can trace back further in Ireland. Michael's so was John Mcloughlin, his son John William (my grandad) and my dad John Kenneth. I have all that information

Thanks ,

Peter
    Which church was he Baptised in ? and where were the all born as I'm getting lots of hits on Ancestry

Famous for offering help & advice

Is that your tree on Ancestry? It has a baptism in Ireland and 1841 census in Surrey. The census POB could be where he remembered growing up. Are you looking for a birth in Ireland?

Default Michael McLoughlin DOB Around 1840 Bolton

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Which church was he Baptised in ? and where were the all born as I'm getting lots of hits on Ancestry
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply

Church of St Mary of the Assumption, Burnley Address: 3 Todmorden Rd, Burnley BB10 4AU
    I spoke to the priest but he said he could only give me the information I found at https://www.lan-opc.org.uk/

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Is that your tree on Ancestry? It has a baptism in Ireland and 1841 census in Surrey. The census POB could be where he remembered growing up. Are you looking for a birth in Ireland?
    He may have been born in Ireland, I've seen some Michael's around that time but I've no idea what part of Ireland if any. His wife Catherine was born in Ireland but she lists different areas of Ireland on the census. As for the census in Surrey that should probably be marked as undecided but could be him. Becuasse I'm of Irish Catholic descent there are numerous, Micheal's, John. My dad , grandad and his dad are John as it's a family tradition. I use my second name Peter but can't find a second name for Michael

Growing old Disgracefully

I found the same tree too and you have taken and added infomation from other Ancestry trees which is a big no no as it may be wrong only add to your tree infomation you have found and checked out for yourself.

I found this on Ancestry
    Name: Michael McLoughlin
    Baptism Age: 0
    Event Type: Baptism
    Birth Date: 1840
    Baptism Date: 12 Jul 1840
    Baptism Place: Fenagh, Leitrim, Ireland
    Residence Place: Tenagh
    Diocese: Ardagh
    Father: Michl McLoughlin
    Mother: Catherine Horan

Are you sure this isn't your man

Did he have any other brothers and sisters ?

I have taken some information from Ancestry and someone else who has researched a different part of the tree but I have also got a lot of other evidence including birth certs, marriage certs and death certs so I reckon most of the direct line is correct. He has other brothers and sisters which have come up but I'm not sure if they are correct. i added them to the tree to see if it flagged up any other suggestions. I'm not sure thats him as his mum was Bridget but it could be, his dad was definitely Michael

Siblings poss Martha born around 1834, Thomas 1835 and Philip 1839

. I have his marriage cert,
    Can you post the details from the marriage certificate, please? His address, his father's occupation and the witnesses' names.
    Alma

Hi, Its not scanned on to my tree so I'll have to get the information when I get home , the date is 10/10/1857 and from memory his dad was a boilermaker but let me check the marriage cert

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast