Starting to feel at home

Default Fire Brigades Biggest ever Loss of Life

This is one of the saddest and most tragic stories I have written about and what is still today, the Largest ever loss of life for the London Fire Brigade at one incident. This involves my Great Aunt, but it’s also one of the research projects that I am probably most satisfied with.

One of my most detailed research projects.

https://
    chiddicksfamilytree.com/2020/03/01/the-old-palace-school-ww2-bombing-part-2/

Starting to feel at home

Since I researched the old palace school bombing during WW2 I have now researched and written a biography for every firefighter that died at the old palace school bombing during WW2.

We finish the project where the whole story started, with the 34th and final biography of ALL the 34 Firemen and Firewomen who died at the Old Palace School Bombing during the Blitz in WW2. This is the story of my Great Aunt, Winifred Alexandra Peters, nee Wootton. It has been a long and emotional journey, some of these stories were both harrowing to research and difficult to tell, but I am thankful to the volunteers who helped carry out the research and I am extremely grateful to all the families of those that lost their lives that night for allowing me to tell their loved one's stories. Some of these family members have become lifelong friends because of this. Thank you for taking the time to read their stories, I hope that the website does them justice and they will be forever remembered and their sacrifices not forgotten.

https://
    oldpalaceschoolbombing.com/2023/04/01/afs-firewoman-winifred-alexandra-peters/