Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Occupational Classification

On my father's army records it states under Occupational Classification "D53.22". His Industry Group is shown as E.D which I think means Engineering Department. Does anyone know what this means or a website that gives explanations.

Hello Tinxie
    Although I don't know about the army classifications, could you give a bit more information such as regiment and time period? Maybe his rank may help those who know the army stuff.

Good luck

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Neil, this info is taken from his Army Form 104-1. He was a sandblaster when he enlisted. He served as a fusilier in The q9th Royal Fus, Glostershire Reg South Staffs and Lancashire Fus.On his release papers it is stated he had qualifications in electrical engineering. Also wondered what "Draft R.A.X.O.Y" stands for. Think the R.A is for royal artillery and the X for transit but not sure about the O and Y.Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Is this WW2 that you’d talking about? As Neil said, it helps to know when things were happening. As you could be 9 or 90, or anything in between (no, I don’t need to know which) it doesn’t help any guessing to know that he was your father!

PS Welcome to BG.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you. Yes it was WW2. It appears from my dad's records that he joined the Territorial Army before being sent to India.