Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default RAF Padgate, Warrington

I have a very old friend that was based (perhaps billeted)at RAF Padgate during the WW2 period. Her name is Barbara Sellick (nee Botfish). She worked at Burtonwood airbase where she met her husband to be Claude Sellick.

I would love to find some records on both Barbara and Claude. Where do I start to find the info'?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Aussiepeck,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

What sort of records are you talking about? Service records are still held by the Ministry of Defence, and if Barbara and Claude are still alive only they can apply for them. If they are deceased, then you might be able to apply for the records, but if they died less than twenty-five years ago you will only receive limited information. You will also need to send thirty pounds and a copy of the death certificate. https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...-WW2-amp-after

If you want more personal information then you need to start looking at birth and marriage registrations (probably both on FreeBMD) and then electoral rolls, though not many post-war ones are online. If Barbara and Claude are now deceased then you may find them on the 1939 Register which is available on both Findmypast and Ancestry.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Growing old Disgracefully

I will pm you