Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Joyce Kathleen Davis

Hi,

Trying to find the parents of Joyce Kathleen Davis, but have hit a brick wall, born 13th June 1929 died 30th October 1998. Was married for a short while to George T Hurrell-Ball.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    The obvious first question is whether you have the Joyce-George marriage certificate? That should at least give her father.
    Second, where did this all happen? It's not a very rare name, and the more background info that you are certain relates to your Joyce that you can share, the better.
    If you are new to genealogy forums, you might find the post HERE that might be useful.

I see, from FreeBMD, that George T Hurrell-Ball and Joyce K Davis married in Wood Green in 1952. Free BMD is an index, you will need the certificate for more info.

Unless you are certain that George is dead, please be careful with anything you say about him. We do not allow details about (potentially) living people to be posted on the forum.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Lesley,

Marriage certificate is on order, however, Joyce was not very forthcoming with details of her parents saying that they had died when she was young in a car accident. On birth records (also on order), it says her mother's maiden name is Davis, which leads me to believe her mother may not have been married. George passed away in 2015.

Thank you

Growing old Disgracefully

1939 Reg have 3 closed records she is no 4 so no help there

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you for looking Sandyhall.

have you found info for George Thomas Hurrell-Ball

I have found him on Ancestry but other trees on there have no info so I guess you don't have a tree on there

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Sandyhall, I have info for George and have gone quite far back with him. The stumbling block is Joyce. The tree I am working on is on Ancestry. We have ordered birth and marriage certificates, but interestingly, the birth record shows her mothers maiden name as Davis, which leads me to believe there was no father on the scene. To that point, there may well be no mention of him on the marriage certificate either. Thank you for your help.

Have you got the right info for George have you got a copy of his birth cert, as there are 2 Ball - Tansley Marrages on Free BMD and I see you have connected your tree to "Ancery Family Trees" not a good idea as some people do not check out the infomation and get it all wrong. No Family tree should have more sorces than Records.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, There are two George T Hurrell Ball's listed, one is the father who married Tansley, the other one is the son who married Joyce Davis. We will be checking through the info as we go along. Thank you.