I'm struggling with a family - Jones!

Ellis Powell Jones married Rosilda Carr on 1st April 1836 in Manchester Cathedral in Manchester, Lancashire. Ellis was a widower of the parish and working as a bookkeeper. Rosilda was recorded as Hilday Carr and a widow of the parish.

Ellis' previous marriage was 29th July 1821 in Manchester Cathedral to Eleanor Evans - bachelor and spinster. I can't find anything more about Eleanor.

Ellis and Rosilda are in the 1841 census in Deansgate, Manchester with Ellis' child (Benjamin Powell Jones) from his first marriage and his daughter (Mary Ann) from his marriage to Rosilda. I can't make out Ellis' occupation (although it may be 'overlooker') nor the occupation of the chap above them who may or may not be in the same household and head of the household?

Mary Ann Jones was baptised on 3rd September 1837 in the Parish Church of Manchester. Ellis Powell Jones and Rosilda are noted as her parents although Rosilda’s name is recorded as ‘Roschilldey’ Jones.

There are two possible death records for Ellis in Manchester. One aged 39 and the second aged 49. I tend to favour the older man - for no particular reason except that it ties in with the 1841 census.

I can't find any sign of Rosilda/Hilday etc. in the 1851 or 1861 census nor any death records with the name of Rosilda Jones.

Is this hopeless research? Is there any chance of more detail with Jones and Evans and Carr with a confusing/changing first name?