Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hi Phillip,

I've not found anything else of interest. Tomorrow (Sat) and Sunday I won't be around. I'll try again on Monday.
    Alma

Hi Alma
    The latest data I received from the researcher investing their lines suggests that Thelma Elsie CAPON was born in Australia and she married Vestal D Jones in 1926. This line on a DNA test is linked to the Aarons aka Aaron aka Allen. I have not researched further.

In the meantime here is data on the brother of Isaac Aaron/s - Moses Aaron aka John Moses Aaron.

The data is taken from the Jewish Chronicle and indicates that Moses had remained in the Jewish faith/customs compared to his brothers.

Death JC Friday April 10 1908
    14 Doughty Street. On the 4 April at the residence of her brother Bernard I NEWMAN 42 Eastbourne Terrace Hyde Park sister of Mrs Douglas SAMUEL 124 Clifton Hill Brighton and Mrs T LONGLEY,Brighton.HANNAH AARON (nee NEWMAN) of Portsmouth

July 4 1902 DEATH
    25 June at Abercorn Lodge 159 Maida Vale,Elizabeth third daughter of the late Eliza NEWMAN of Portsea and sister of Bernard J NEWMAN 42 Eastbourne Terrace Hyde Park and Mrs AARON of 14 Doughty Square Mecklenburgh Square W

I have yet to research the Newman line.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

The latest data I received from the researcher investing their lines suggests that Thelma Elsie CAPON was born in Australia and she married Vestal D Jones in 1926. This line on a DNA test is linked to the Aarons aka Aaron aka Allen. I have not researched further.
    Hi Phillip,

I've carried out a little research but haven't as yet found a link to the Aaron or Allen surname.

The information below looks like the ancestral line, but no concrete proof.

Thelma E G Capon, born 1906, Sydney, New South Wales
    Father: Charles F Capon, Mother: Etheline

Charles F Capon married Ethlene Belford, 1903, Sydney, New South Wales

Charles Frederick Capon, Age: 65
    Death Date: 30 Apr 1923, Buried Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
    Waverley Cemetery.

If this Charles F Capon is the father of CFC who died 1923 it seems there's a line of Charles F Capons.
    Charles F Capon, Died 1903, Paddington, New South Wales
    Father's name: Charles F
    Mother's name: Mary

So many Charles F Capon's, I think this one is the one who married Ethlene Belford which if so is his first marriage and Ethlene his second wife.

Charles Frederick Capon. Father Charles Capon.
    Marriage Date: 25 Jan 1883, Sydney NSW
    Spouse: Joahanna Mary McNamara, father Michael McNamara

Johanna died 1900
    Johanna Capon died 1900, Sydney New South Wales
    Father's name: Michael

William Charles Capon, age 24, Married 1 Sep 1909, Sydney, NSW
    Surry Hills Flinders Street St Michael
    Father: Charles Frederick Capon
    Mother: Joanna Mary Capon
    Spouse: Catherine Wilson
    Alma

Thank you Alma for the data. It is difficult to post all of the data on the Aaron/Allen/Capon lines because of living individuals. I have seen a very small DNA record which identifies Thelma E Capon as being a 3rd cousin of the researcher. However, the association being made is based on the Capon surname.
    What I have not researched is whether or not the actual Allen/Capon link as per #30 Elsie Allen=William J Capon married 1945 also relates to Thelma Elsie Capon.
    There is at least one Ancestry public tree which has Edgar Capon born 1889 and links to the Aaron but I have not researched this line in any detail.

I think it would be important for the researcher to map out the respective lines as far as they inter link.

The name change from Aaron to Allen has not helped because I don't think any other researcher online has identified this.

If you spot any data on the Capon/Allen line which relates to the Australian line it would be a great help.

Hi Alma
    My error in the last post. Edgar Capon should be Edgar Aaron 1889-1950. His parents Aaron Aaron 1859-1901=Elizabeth Nichols 1866-1933. Aaron's parents Joseph Crawcour Aaron 1822-1880=Ann Tellow/Tellon
    Joseph is a brother of Isaac Aaron possibly Allen line.

In this one line you have brothers who kept their Aaron name and other brothers who adopted Allen and other surnames.

Linking Capon/Allen to Thelma Elsie Capon is where the focus is currently.

The following is taken from the GRO Birth Certificate for Isaac Thomas Aaron aka Thomas Farthing.

Bethnal Green Middlesex

24 February 1854
    1 Three Colt Corner
    ISAAC THOMAS AARON
    father ISAAC AARON General Dealer
    Mother Sarah Aaron formerly FARTHING
    Informant
    Sarah Aaron x The mark of Mother
    1 Three Colt Corner Bethnal Green
    Registered 18 March 1854

The issue remains is Isaac Aaron one in the same person who had a relationship and family with Elizabeth aka Eliza surname unknown.

Hi Phillip, Some information on Elsie Capon's ancestry.

Marriages Sep 1945
    Allen Elsie Capon Ilford 4a 1203
    Capon William T J Allen Ilford 4a 1203

Births Mar 1912
    Capon William T J Hunter Romford 4a 1173

Baptism
    William Thomas James Capon
    Baptised 7 Jan 1912, Barking, Essex, England
    Son of William Arthur Capon and Selina

Marriage
    Dec 1909, Romford 4a 802
    Arthur William Capon/Selina Hunter.

Marriage
    , 6th Nov 1909, Barking St Margaret.
    Arthur William Capon age 28, father John
    Selina Hunter age 27, father James

Death
    Arthur William Capon, death age 37,
    Apr-May-Jun 1918, Romford, 4a 518,

UK, Royal Navy Registers of Seamen's Services, 1848-1939

Arthur William Capon, born 16 Jan 1881, Old Kent Rd, Ldn.
    First Service Date: 6 Mar 1900, on ship Pembroke 2
    Last Service Date: 27 Mar 1918, on ship Pembroke II

Marriage Dec 1920, Romford 4a 1167
    Selina Capon/Walter Bugden

1939 Register
    . 59 Fanshawe Ave, Barking Essex.
    Walter Rugden, born 16th Jan 1881
    Selina Rugden born 4th Nov 1882
    William T J Capon, born 19th Dec 1911
    Alma

1901, Portland Dorset RG13; Piece: 1998; Folio: 148; Page: 14
    Arthur Capon, 20, born Southwark, London, member of crew.

1891.St George the Martyr, Southwark. RG12; Piece: 347; Folio: 8; Page:10.
    John Capon 48, labourer, Southwark
    Caroline Capon 48, Southwark
    John Capon 26, Southwark
    Thomas Capon 18, Southwark
    Charles Capon 15, Lambeth
    Arthur W Capon 10, Southwark

1881, 2 Jane Place, St Georges, Southwark. RG11; Piece: 523; Folio: 36; Page: 11;
    John Capon 38, unemployed conductor, St Georges
    Caroline Capon 38, St Georges
    John Capon 16, St Georges
    Caroline Capon 14, Lambeth
    Thomas Capon 8, St Georges
    Charles Capon 6, Lambeth
    Arthur Capon, 3 months St Georges

Marriage, 9 Jun 1866, Holy Trinity, Newington, Southwark
    John Capon, full age, father Henry
    Caroline Fe(o)llows, full age, father Joseph.

Following back the possible ancestry of John Capon above born circa 1843
    In 1851, Southwark HO107; Piece: 1557; Folio: 360; Page: 12
    John age 7, Southwark, father Henry 44, born Ipswich Suffolk
    mother Louisa 35, born St Leonards, Middlesex.
    Siblings aged 16 down to 1yr.

Baptism
    Henry Capon, 11 Dec 1803, born 27 Nov 1803. Little Bealings Suffolk
    Father Henry Capon, Mother Ann Butcher.

Other children baptised Little Bealings to parents Henry Capon and Ann Butcher
    Ann 1805; Mary 1807; Robert 1809; George 1811.

I am trying to connect the above Capon's to a Charles Frederick Capon born 1821 (who may be the CFC @ #33, died 1903)
    Baptism
    Charles Frederick Capon, Baptised 22 Feb 1821, Piccadilly St James, Westminster
    Parents William Capon and Mary Capon

I have to leave it for now, Phillip.
    Alma

Hi Alma
    Many thanks for all your help.

The Australian Newspaper Archives (Trove Collection) have a number of family articles on Charles Frederick Capon and his lines. There is the marriage of Elsie Capon daughter of Charles Frederick Capon-
    The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW)Wed 5 July 1905
    June 24 at Holy Trinity Church Oakleigh Victoria
    -William J TRENNERY son of Joseph Trennery,Oakleigh to ELSIE CAPON, youngest daughter of Charles Frederick Capon of Educational Department Sydney NSW

This maybe the father of Elsie Capon ( I take her to be Thelma E G Capon) The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW) Tues 24 Feb 1903
    Feb 23 1903 at his residence 50 Glenview Street Paddington, Charles Frederick Capon late public school teacher aged 83 years.

As I said in an earlier post I can't access the DNA Test results from the two individuals - 1 in Australia and 1 in NZ who have Aaron and Capon in their family trees. Importantly, I do not know if these two individuals share the same DNA which links them both to Aaron aka Allen and Capon in the UK.

The researcher who has Isaac Aarons aka Aaron aka Allen but specifically the Thomas Farthing line has DNA data which links him to the two DNA Individuals who share the same data.

It requires an unpicking of the relationships.
    What is still not proven is whether or not Isaac Aarons aka Aaron is the same person as the father of Isaac Thomas Aaron aka Thomas Farthing and the Isaac Aaron aka Allen who had children with Elizabeth unknown.

I can see no firm data as yet which links the lines and without analysing DNA test results ( I do not have the knowledge to do this with any detail and accuracy) I am not sure how to prove the relationships.

Can you see any data that links Thelma E G Capon in Australia to the Capon in the UK?

Thanks for your continuing interest and help.

The following GRO Birth Certificate confirms #13 regarding Elizabeth Godfrey mother of Emily Aaron aka Allen.
    Stepney Shadwell
    29 December 1877
    27 Garth Street Shadwell

EMILY AARON father ISAAC AARON tailor Mother ELIZA AARON formerly GODFREY Informant x The Mark of ELIZA AARON Mother 27 Garth Street Registered 29 Jan 1877

This Elizabeth Godfrey was born in Luton Bedfordshire but currently no confirmation regarding her parents.

There is a Levy aka Godfrey Jewish line who married into the Crawcour line - see Thread Sarah Crawcour-Levy Godfrey aka Godfrey Levy started 19.9.9.2015. However, data posted suggested that none of the known children barring Rebecca Godfrey who married Moses Angel were married themselves.

From memory there was a Jewish Godfrey family from Bedfordshire but whether or not they relate to Eliza aka Elizabeth Godfrey is not known at present.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast