Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Many thanks Alma.

I would appreciate your thoughts regarding the death of Isaac Aaron aka Allen.Based on Elizabeth Aaron aka Hedges aka Titlow aka Allen 1891 census return she was a widow. However bearing in mind the various family relationships was Isaac actually dead? Did he have another name change including first name?

Why can't he be found in the GRO Death Index with a relevant dob circa 1825?
    Any thoughts welcome.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Hi Phillip,

I've tried to find a death for Isaac to no avail. Certainly I can't see one using surname Aaron(s). There's a few in the London district for an Isaac Allen but they don't seem to fit somehow unless he moved away from the Bethnal Green area.

There's Edmonton 1821 - 1902; Wandsworth 1822 - 1903; Staines 1828 - 1908 and one for an Isaac George Allen 1822- 1894 in St Saviour Southwark.

An Isaac Aarons Pancras 1836 - 1905, but that birth is too late. Also, I think he's on census returns.

Other than those I haven't found anything. He could have moved out of London or changed his name, or both.

I haven't looked for the Isaac Allens on census returns to see if they can be ruled out.
    Alma

Phillip,

Have we previously discounted this 1891 census for Isaac Aaron general dealer, age 75, born Bethnal Green, he's in the 'District City of London Lunatic Asylum', Stone, Kent

I cannot find him on any other census return.

Deaths Jun 1898, Dartford 2a 278.
    Isaac Aaron, age 82.
    Born almost 10yrs too early.
    He interests me as he doesn't appear to be on earlier census records and the IA we are seeking appears on census pre 1891 but not 1891, though Eliza(beth) is listed as a widow in 1891.
    Alma

I don't think this birth reg. has been mentioned before.

Isaac and Eliza's son George age 2 in 1881 census.

HEDGES, GEORGE AARON (no MMN listed) -
    GRO Reference: 1879 S Quarter in STEPNEY Volume 01C Page 432
    Alma

Thank you Alma. I think the other researcher had spotted Isaac Aaron in the Lunatic Asylum #63. In addition, I have noted under Lunacy Patients Admissios -Isaac Aaron Bethnal House Admission 12 May 1868 Discharged 27 Oct 1869; Isaac Allen Bethnal Admitted 4 May 1875 Discharged 19 July 1875.

Whether or not the above relate to Isaac Aaron aka Allen requires confirmation.

At present, I am not sure how further we can go with the research without more Death certificates or any other confirmatory data.
    I will wait to hear from the other researcher to see what their thoughts are.

Thank you very much for all your help.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567