Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hi Alma and any researcher who can help.
    I am trying to make sense of the London Workhouse Admission and Discharge Records Bromleyhouse Stepney for the following children:
    Thomas Aaron b 1871
    Will Aaron b 1873
    Henry b 1877
    Emily 1876

The children were removed on different days in 1879.
    The notes for the children read Jewish Persuasion and Father Isaac in P?Hosp? T SS?

There are 2 entries for each child.

My queries are does anyone know what the notes refer to regarding the father- is he in a pauper hospital?
    Why are there 2 entries for the same children?

The next key question is what happened to the children/Isaac/Eliza parents post 1881 Census where they are living at 37 London Street Ratcliff. There is a George Aaron born 1879. Did the family change their surname?

Isaac does not appear to have married Elizabeth aka Eliza who was born Luton Beds.

Any thoughts and comments appreciated.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

I am trying to make sense of the London Workhouse Admission and Discharge Records Bromleyhouse Stepney for the following children:
    Thomas Aaron b 1871
    Will Aaron b 1873
    Henry b 1877
    Emily 1876
    Hi Phillip,
    To me, it looks like the children were first admitted 4th July 1879 and discharged 18th July 1879, then re-admitted on the 19th of July and discharged 30th July 1879.

One of the Workhouse records makes reference to - 'Father in L Hospital' - could be London Hospital which was in Whitechapel.
    Alma

Emily Aaron was born Dec 1876 and there is a GRO Birth Index record for Emily Aaron March qtr 1877 Stepney 1c 471- this area included Ratcliff, Shadwell and Mile End. This may or may not be the daughter of Isaac and Elizabeth. If so, the certificate should include the maiden name of the mother plus the father's occupation and the address.
    AARON, EMILY, Mother's maiden name GODFREY
    GRO Reference: 1877 M Quarter in STEPNEY Volume 01C Page 471

I haven't found an Elizabeth or Eliza Godfrey born in Luton to fit.
    Alma

One of the Workhouse records has Thomas, William and Emily discharged to Poplar House
    Alma

Many thanks Alma for all your continuing help. This is ongoing research and I appreciate the data you are posting.

There was a Emily Katherine Aaron born March qtr 1876 Mile End 1c 551 but she is recorded as being buried Victoria Park Cemetery in 1876. Do you know her mother's maiden name?

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Many thanks Alma for all your continuing help. This is ongoing research and I appreciate the data you are posting.

There was a Emily Katherine Aaron born March qtr 1876 Mile End 1c 551 but she is recorded as being buried Victoria Park Cemetery in 1876. Do you know her mother's maiden name?
    Hi Phillip, here's the record.

AARON, EMILY KATHARINE, Mother's maiden name DODS
    GRO Reference: 1876 M Quarter in MILE END OLD TOWN Volume 01C Page 551

Marriages Sep 1874

AARON Edward Westminster 1a 905
    Dods Sarah Westminster 1a 905
    Alma

Thank you Alma. The data you have posted discounts Isaac Aaron which helps narrow down the search.

I am stuck trying to locate Isaac Aaron with Eliza and children. I have tried leaving out the surname and focused on the children but can't find any current links post 1881. The family trees on Ancestry who have Isaac Aaron also don't provide data post 1881 or else have the wrong names/dob etc..

Any ideas appreciated.

I am stuck trying to locate Isaac Aaron with Eliza and children. I have tried leaving out the surname and focused on the children but can't find any current links post 1881. The family trees on Ancestry who have Isaac Aaron also don't provide data post 1881 or else have the wrong names/dob etc..
    I too have done in-depth searches but as yet haven't found them. They are very elusive. I do wonder if they've changed their names. I searched US census too. Tonight I'll give some more time to it.
    Alma

Thank you Alma for your time and patience. I think you are right about the possible name change. Isaac Aaron son of Aaron Aarons did use the surname Crocker in the 1851 Census where he was living with his brother Joseph.This surname was a derivation of Crawcour and probably written incorrectly.
    I don't think they moved to the USA not least because of lack of money hence the workhouse. Isaac was a lot older than Elizabeth aka Eliza.
    The Luton Bedfordshire place of birth for Elizabeth should be a help but leaving out the surname and putting in place of birth and her dob +/- 5 years didn't appear to identify her but I may have overlooked names. As for the children they don't seem to appear in say the 1891 census.

Am I missing clues?

Hi Phillip;

I've used every trick I know to find this elusive family but failed. It is frustrating as they cannot all have disappeared into thin air. They have to be somewhere and the children presumably married but I haven't found marriages for any of them.
    Alma

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast