Loves to help with queries

Default Signalman J E Storr 2390559

My late uncle, John Edward Storr (2390559) was serving in Sicily in August 1943. In a letter home to his mother dated 26th he gave his address as "Royal Signals H.Q – R-E. 78 Div. C.M.E.".

Does anyone have any information that could flesh out this information please? He was born in 1907 in Spalding, Lincolnshire. Anything will be a help.

Thanks,

Paul

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Paul,

Are you talking about just his army service, or his life in general?
    If the former, then his service records are still with the MoD. This link gives all the information about how to obtain the records. https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...757#post585757
    Note that you will need to send thirty quid, as well as a copy of John's death certificate.
    If John died in 1975 (Leicester registration district though the Probate Register says he lived in Erdington,Birmingham), note that he was born in December 1906, with his birth being registered in the March quarter of 1907, in Spalding registration district.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Loves to help with queries

Hi Pam,

Yes that's uncle Jack. It's just the military stuff I was after. I'll invest £30. Thanks for your help.

Paul