Thread: From all parts

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default From all parts

Hi

I'm from Melbourne, Australia and have genealogy branches going in a few directions.

My family name Norton (father's side) has already been traced by others to the 1400-1500 period to Kent England. Although I havnn't yet looked at the accuarcy of it.

I'm currently following my mothers family name Hofman which skips from Australia to Netherlands, and has found its way to London (1809). Which is the reason I've found my way to the forum.

Oh and I can't forget about New Zealand from my wife's side. This branches off to Denmark (Andersen name) and England (Gillies name).

Cheers, Wayne

Welcome to British Genealogy, Wayne. Have a look around, choose a suitable forum, and tell us a bit about your research.

Super Moderator

Wayne

Was your mother's family name Hofman or Sturt?

From you other post it looks like her married name was Hofman.

Super Moderator

Sorry, just realised my mistake. I see that in your previous post you are trying to trace Wilhem whose mother was a Sturt.

I have been looking for a marriage of Ann Sturt to Jacob Hofman but cannot find anything int he UK. As Wilhem was born approx 1809 I would think his mother must have been born about 1788, or even earlier.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    Sorry, just realised my mistake. I see that in your previous post you are trying to trace Wilhem whose mother was a Sturt.

I have been looking for a marriage of Ann Sturt to Jacob Hofman but cannot find anything int he UK. As Wilhem was born approx 1809 I would think his mother must have been born about 1788, or even earlier.
    Sorry I have been away. Thank you for looking.

I am trying to find any leads in the UK relating to the mother Ann Sturt, the Father Jocobus Hofman or son Willem Thomas Hofman who was born 1809 in London.

I understand when Willem Thomas Hofman was married in 1842 (first marriage in Amsterdam)the parent were dead. And the only lead of the parents is their names on the marrage documents here.
    https://www.openarch.nl/nha:917f1245...9-88850ec062f8

There's plenty of infromation of the son in the Netherlands which I've gathered here.
    https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pe...urces/MK83-LMH

Although since it is said he was born in London, this is where the trail seems to end.

I'm looking for a lead for anyone one of them during their time in London/UK no matter how small.
    It might be that the father and son's names were Anglicised in the UK, which could be the reason for the roadblock.