Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Settling in

I know for sure that he had a son called Joseph born 5th April 1860 in Adelaide and died 12th May 1946 in Western Australia

Famous for offering help & advice

Well Joseph b1860 certainly ties in with the births I found and also with the information about his estate, but I cant find any reference to the arrival you mention. I can't even find the Trafalgar arriving that date. There is an arrival 31st March 1850, but he's not listed on that. Where is the information sourced from?

Settling in

Not sure where Mum got the information but I've just found this:

https://www.theshipslist.com/ships/au...lgar1850.shtml

Now I know it says Platts but would spelling be an issue back then?

I believe this was a Mr Charles Platts. There is mention in the South Australian on 29 Mar 1850:

"Mr Charles Platts was on board the Trafalgar"

Also in the Adelaide Times, 1 Apr 1850:

"Mr Platts — We have great pleasure in welcoming our old friend Mr Platts on his return to Adelaide after an absence of twelve months. He arrived on Saturday evening in the Trafalgar, and is in excellent health and spirits. He has with him, we understand, a splendid lot of new goods in the fancy stationery line, and a large assortment of musical instruments".

Settling in

Mum said that she found the immigration records on that same link that I posted so it seems that I've just followed her. Looks like it's back to the drawing board

The first mention I can see of what may be him, is in the Adelaide unclaimed letters list 10 April 1849 as J W Platt.

Settling in

Looks like mum has a bit more than I realised. She confirmed the George Platt and Rachel Greenhalgh details as well as George's parents Jeremy/Jeremiah Platt and Alice Royley. Also a potential James Platt father of Jeremy/Jeremiah

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by MatFow View Post
    Looks like mum has a bit more than I realised. She confirmed the George Platt and Rachel Greenhalgh details as well as George's parents Jeremy/Jeremiah Platt and Alice Royley. Also a potential James Platt father of Jeremy/Jeremiah

All that info is on Lancs OPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12