Loves to help with queries

Default Phillip SOLOMON b. Exeter c.1813

Have followed on from a thread that led to information about two Josiah SOLOMON of Exeter, and pursued information leading from this quote from Phillip:

"The Josiah Solomon are two different people but both born Exeter within a couple of years of each other. See JewishGen UK Data base 1851 Anglo Jewry Data base
    Josiah Solomon ID 1314 B 1810 =Rose
    My [ie Phillip's] Josiah Solomon ID 5925 b 1812=Bella Hart."

"My" Josiah Solomon is the first. He married Rose WOOLF b. Penzance c. 1811 (daughter of Lemon WOOLF and Edle HART). They went to New York in 1868.

Amelia Woolf, sister of Rose, was married 1842 to Phillip SOLOMON, born Exeter c. 1813.

I'm wondering now if this Phillip is related to either Josiah SOLOMON.

(I can't afford to order their marriage certificate as this connection to me to rather peripheral. I'm related to the WOOLF family via my 3x gr gandmother Matilda Lazarus nee Lyon of Bideford and Plymouth.)

Eve
    Looking at some of the current records regarding Philip Solomon=Amelia Woolf they have the parents of Philip Solomon as Isaac Solomon 1776-1854 =Rosetta Moses abt 1781-1856. In the article A Jewish Family and a Royal Connection -David Lang Kol Kehillat Kernow March 2005 online he has a brief reference to the marriage of Philip Solomon=Amelia Woolf in 1842 in the house of Lemon Woolf.
    JewisGen UK Data base 1851 Anglo Jewry Cencus has Isaac Solomon ID 1033 =Rosetta but limited data on the line..
    Further research is needed to identify further connections to the other Solomon lines.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Eve
    See Decca Days-The Career of Wilfred Sampson Samuel 1886-1958. Edgar Samuel Jewish Historical Studies Vol 30 (1987-88)Jewish Historical Society of England - source JSTOR.

The article identifies Jacob Solomon and his wife Sarah Phillips together with their eldest son Josiah=Bella Hart;Isaac son;Daniel son;Henry 1810-1891 =Sarah Adler.
    These are my Hart relatives.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Hi Phillip,
    Thanks for the additional information. Haven't been able to go through it properly yet due to...life.

Default SOLOMONs of Exeter.

It's looking as though Isaac and Rosetta SOLOMON (in and earlier post above) and family may be related to me through both my LAZARUS family in Exeter as well as through my 3x gr grandmother Matilda LYON (married Lyon LAZARUS, one of my two Lazarus 3xgr grandpas). Phillip may be the brother of John Solomon, who was born in London but seems to have run up against members of the Lazarus family who were officials of the Exeter synagogue (I think of them as the Exeter mafia). Am about to dash off to Belize and can't work this out now, but if someone wants more information, please let me know. In any case, I need to look at this more closely.