Default Great Western Railway workers

Hello. Any ideas how I can find my GGrandfather's employment record with the Great Western Railway in 1845? I have tried Ancestry, The National Archives, The Steam Museum and Swindon local History Centre but have failed to find any trace of him. His name was William Henry Forester 1818-1898 and he was employed as a clerk/store keeper (possibly in 1845) and later as a surveyor on the Golden Mile (Bridgenorth to Cowbridge) in 1850. He lived and was married in Birlingham Worcestershire and moved to Gloucester (Census 1841) He later lived at Sketty Park, Glamorgan Wales where he ran in Iron Merchants business. I have information about him FROM 1851 but prior to that very little. I;m hoping to find details on his employment records.
    I think I have tried all the avenues but does someone out there know of any other ways to access GWR records other than the above? Thanks a lot.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Have you seen the thread https://www.british-genealogy.co.uk/f...estern-Railway ?

Do read the whole thread as there are lots of little tips scattered throughout.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

This rang a bell - I thinks there's an earlier post re. William Henry Forester?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    This rang a bell - I thinks there's an earlier post re. William Henry Forester?
    Well remembered, helachau.

However, as this thread pertains purely to William's railway employment, I happy to leave it as a separate thread at the moment.
    For reference only, this is the original thread about William's (and other relatives) military career.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...y-1835-to-1843

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”