Thread: Karen Goode

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Karen Goode

HI,my name is karen goode i was born karen hickey i am looking into my family tree...
    and i have banton name in my family tree.

John Banton born 1655 married Ann ?
    John Banton Born 1682 Married Mary Siddon
    John Banton Born 1708 Married Martha Clark
    John Banton Born 1733 Married Mary Searmen
    John Banton Born 1762 Married Mary Sharman

can any help with ANN SURNAME or any more information please thank you Karen Goode

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Karen,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Do I presume you've taken the information and dates from parish registers? You don't say where any of these events took place. Have you checked the parish registers for those places and nearby towns/villages for the narriage of John and Ann, as well as checking (a) that the parish registers do actually exist and (b) for the alternative records of Bishops' and Archdeacons' Transcripts?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi,i am taking over from one of my relatives who started the family tree in 2010...and i have 37 page booklet which i haven't fully read yet....do you know the surname dunnicliff who married I this her name was Elizabeth Banton...

Knowledgeable and helpful

Family search has the marriage of Elizabeth Banton and John Dunnicliff on 24 Feb 1812 at Repton, Derbys. Is that anything to do with you?

PS It is also on Free Reg

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Did they have a son john Dunnicliffe Apr 1817 in Tickhill married Emma Ryals they had son 01 April 1868 Jesse Dunnicliff Married Harriet Watterson they had a daugther Clarice Dunnicliffe 18 may 1897.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Free Reg shows John's place of birth as Ticknall. I have not looked for anything else.

Both Free Reg and Family Search are free to access. Have a look and have fun making your own discoveries.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by karengoode View Post
    Hi,i am taking over from one of my relatives who started the family tree in 2010...and i have 37 page booklet which i haven't fully read yet....do you know the surname dunnicliff who married I this her name was Elizabeth Banton...
    I would suggest that you read the booklet thoroughly, and as you find each piece of information, verify it yourself. You might even be able to add a lot more detail as well, simply because more information has become available online in the last nine years. For some records though you will still have to visit the county Records Office.

Familiarise yourself with
    FreeBMD - https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
    GRO's own website which has updated births (1837-1918) and deaths (1837-1957, 1983-2019). Ignore the Passport Office heading - it is the correct link.https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
    FreeREG - https://www.freereg.org.uk
    FamilySearch - www.familysearch.org

Plus FindMyPast (FMP) and Ancestry, either or both of those possibly being available for free at your local library.

The importance of obtaining BMD certificates for your direct line cannot be overstated. Ditto for seeing images of documents, as opposed to relying on transcriptions.

Pam
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 09-12-2019 at 2:59 AM. Reason: Corrected broken website links
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

Hi Karen,
    I have a number of ancestors with the name Goode on my tree, just wondering if there is a possible connection?