Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sarah, dau of Ralph married Thomas Waltho (or I think it says Waltho) Dec 2nd 1847 at St Chad, Lichfield.
    Sarah Gee, full age, spinster, a servant, Beacon (or Benson) St, father Ralph a wheelwright.
    Thomas Waltho, full age, widower, labourer, Longdon, father Jonathan a labourer.
    Witnesses William Gee and ??????(maybe Elizabeth) Waltho
    Last edited by almach; 26-11-2019 at 2:30 AM. Reason: Corrected a name
    Alma

There's a marriage allegation for Ralph Gee who married Mary Holland. Ralph was 20yrs old which was under the age of consent (21)

A summary of the allegation is: Ralph on oath stated that he had no father or guardian living; or mother living.
    Alma

Ralph stated at his marriage in 1854 that his mother was no longer living, therefore his mother, Sarah Gee, was not the dau of Ralph Gee as that Sarah married Thomas Waltho and can be traced through census returns up to at least 1881. This suggests Ralph's mother was probably the dau of Thomas and Elizabeth Gee.
    Alma

Thomas Gee was entered as age 70yrs on the 1841 census, so this looks like his death registration, Lichfield is the reg. district for Longdon.

GEE, THOMAS, age 80
    GRO Reference: 1850 D Quarter in LICHFIELD UNION Volume 17 Page 57
    Alma

Within a reasonable timeframe, I see only three baptisms at St James Longdon with parents Thomas and Elizabeth Gee.

James, bap. 30 Mar 1804; Sarah, bap. 11 Oct 1812; William, bap. 01 Dec 1816
    Alma

Forget the Ralph bit as we know he was on the next page with his mother Sarah and next door were probably his grandparents Thomas and Elizabeth.

Aside from that these folks are relevant to the search, Pam, so very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post

And in 1841, Ralph, aged 6, living in Longdon, in household of James and Catherine Gee, both aged 35, with Sarah 10, William 8, Mary 4, and Thomas 1. Possibly sharing the house with another William, aged 20.
    Census reference HO107/980/10 folio 8 page 8.

Pam
    James must be the James above bap. 1804, and William in the household will be James' brother above, bap. 1816.
    Alma

1851, Upper Longdon, HO107; Piece: 2015; Folio: 247; Page: 9
    William Gee 34, head, mar, joiner, Longdon
    Elizabeth Gee 78, mother, widow, Tamworth
    Mary Gee 13, niece, labourer's dau, Longdon
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

So quick at providing information!
    Sorry, for the limited information on the initial thread. I was requesting for my father. Yes, you all are commenting on the right lineage with regards to Ralph Gee. I have just gotten from my father the following;

Ralph Gee was baptized at Longdon 22 Feb 1835, from lower way, son of Sarah Gee. As you've said, when Ralph married Mary Holland the register said he was son of John Corbett.

From what you've suggested Sarah Gee was the daughter of a Thomas and Elizabeth Gee.

from other information was can say that Sarah Gee was the niece of a 'Lydia Gee' baptized at Longdon 2 March 1794, daughter of John Gee. In Lydia's will she left One quarter of her estate to Ralph Gee the natural son of her niece Sarah Gee of Longdon.

So would Lydia be the sister of Thomas Gee, and hence Thomas would be a son of John Gee d.o.b uknown??

A few questions from me.
    - Does anybody have information/lineage of John Gee 1700's and Thomas Gee born around 1771.
    - As Ralph Gee's father is a John Corbett (no history). but didnt' take his name, should officially my family tree pursue his lineage?
    - Any history of a John Corbett in Longdon? (Born I guess at beginning of 1800's)

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Gee View Post
    from other information was can say that Sarah Gee was the niece of a 'Lydia Gee' baptized at Longdon 2 March 1794, daughter of John Gee. In Lydia's will she left One quarter of her estate to Ralph Gee the natural son of her niece Sarah Gee of Longdon.

So would Lydia be the sister of Thomas Gee, and hence Thomas would be a son of John Gee d.o.b uknown??
    You will need to check the parish registers for a baptism for Thomas. The PRs are available on FMP (Findmypast) for which you can take out a free 14-day trial (make sure you untick the 'auto-renew' box) or it may also be available for free at a local library.

A few questions from me.
    - Does anybody have information/lineage of John Gee 1700's and Thomas Gee born around 1771.
    - As Ralph Gee's father is a John Corbett (no history). but didnt' take his name, should officially my family tree pursue his lineage?
    - Any history of a John Corbett in Longdon? (Born I guess at beginning of 1800's)
    I had a quick look for John in Longdon, but there doesn't seem to be anyone immediately suitable.
    Ideally, yes, you would research John Corbett, but with only a name to go on unfortunately you're onto a hiding for nothing.
    You could check local papers to see if Sarah took out a bastardy order against John. Some local papers may be available on FMP. If there's nothing now, keep checking back every so often because pages are added every week.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12