Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Southern Ohio Welsh

Helo! I am the Director of the Welsh Studies Program at University of Rio Grande in Southern Ohio and have all of my paternal 2nd great grandparents (Jones and Davies) from Cardiganshire. I have been researching for many years and just now finding solid connections in Wales.
    I went to Aberaeron in 2018 for Wales-Ohio Celebration and also come over each year to work in Cymry Gogledd America stand at the National Eisteddfod.I feel lucky to have the job I do have and have made so many friends and contacts in Ceredigion.
    I have a public tree on Ancestry and would be happy to share information on common ancestors.
    Jeanne

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums Jeanne
    I suppose I can count myself lucky that I don't have to research the oh so common Welsh names but doing a job like yours and being able to visit Wales on a regular basis would more than make up for it.

We do have a Surnames Interest board where you can post the names you are researching and others will quickly be able to see if they are likely to be of interest to them.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Jeanjin
    Croeso i BRIT-GEN
    How I missed you in Aberaeron in 2018 I don't know, I was not aware of the family connection then but I do now.
    I am trying to recall events during the Celebrations / Exhibiton and I have a strong feeling that we stood just a few feet from each other somewhere because your name cropped up in conversations but nobody introduce us to each other ? Looking forward to sharing some details with you. What a nice surprise.
    Regards
    Euros