Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Super Moderator

I obviously read it all wrong. Sorry. I see now that she was born in 1994, so the death registration I found could be her.

Growing old Disgracefully

(Possible sibling of Frederick) A witness on the marriage certificate was Alice Eliza Oakford. Her maiden name is Alice Eliza May who married William John Oakford. Alice's DOB was 18 July 1893 on 1939 Register.

Looking at Alice Eliza May who married William John Oakford

Alice May - Baptism Date24 Sep 1893.
    Baptism Place - Chignal St James, St James, Essex,

MAY, ALICE Mothers Maiden Name BLANKS
    GRO Reference: 1893, S Quarter in CHELMSFORD
    Volume no 04A. Page no. 492
    Father - Charles May
    Mother - Phoebe May

The marriage to William John Oakford was October 1913 • Edmonton, Middlesex.
    Volume no 3a, Page no. 1172 This will give you Fathers names.

Voters list
    William J and Alice E lived next door to Frederick Henry May and his wife Alice Maria In Tiverton Road, Tottenham.

Super Moderator

That should, of course, be 1894

Dundee10

Charles and Phoebe don't have a son named Frederick Henry and we don't yet know who Alice thought her father was.

William J OAKFORD is another strange one. It seems to me that he was actually William Thomas, son of Henry (who sometimes called himself James) and Alice Matilda LINFORD.

Wiliam J and William Thomas have the same date of birth.

Super Moderator

Looking at the census returns, Charles is noted as being an agricultural labourer, watchman on a farm and a horseman on a farm. So always involved in farming. There is a Fred May born abt. 1907 to Charles and Phoebe. Can't find the actual registration but the date is wrong anyway.

Settling in

I saw that family in Chelmsford and thought that was a possible match, but our Frederick married in 1914, so the Chelmsford Fred being born early 1900 is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee10 View Post
    Charles and Phoebe don't have a son named Frederick Henry and we don't yet know who Alice thought her father was.

William J OAKFORD is another strange one. It seems to me that he was actually William Thomas, son of Henry (who sometimes called himself James) and Alice Matilda LINFORD.

Wiliam J and William Thomas have the same date of birth.

Settling in

Hi everyone, this week I received the marriage of Alice Eliza, the sister of Frederick Henry. Here is a summary of the information I know so far:

Frederick Henry May DOB on the 1939 Register was 07 Sep 1889. In the 1939 Register, Frederick's address was 14 Glenalmond Road, Harrow, HA3 9JY (See Document).

Frederick married Alice Maria Kelly in 4 August 1914 in Edmonton, Middlesex (See Certificate). Frederick's age is 23 (abt. 1891). Frederick's father on the Marriage certificate is Charles William May (Farmer). Both their address on the marriage certificate as 33 Albert Road, Tottenham, Middlesex. They were married at the Register Office in Edmonton, Middlesex.

A witness on the marriage certificate of Frederick was Alice Eliza Oakford. Her maiden name is Alice Eliza May (born abt. 1892) who married William John Oakford in 1914 (See Certificate). Alice's father is Charles William May (Farmer).
    Alice's DOB was 18 July 1893 on 1939 Register (See Document).

Found a baptism record of their son, Willam Oakford born 16 Mar 1914 in Edmonton, Baptism 5 April 1914 at St John Stamford Hill. Their address on the baptism record is 33 Albert Road Occupation Motor Bus Cleaner. This is the same address as Frederick Henry May on this marriage certifcate in 1914. Frederick is also a Motor Bus Cleaner. Their address in 1939 was 3 Eckington Road, Tottenham. (See Document)

Both these marriage certificates were at Registry Offices. Both marriage certificates state the same living adddress for both parties, linked to the Oakford family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123