Hi, I'm Maurice using the nick Dominions. I work as a volunteer for the regional archive center, De Domijnen, located in Sittard (NL).

A few years ago a wholesale dealer bought some household effects in our city. And among the possessions they discovered about 600 love letters and 300 other letters in an old suitcase. Most letters cover a time period between 1940-1952. These letters gave us more
inside about that period and how people lived during and after the war.

There is one series of letters send to Lies (the woman who received the letters) by a friend: a British nurse called Kathleen, who worked at Friern Hospital, 28 Glenthorne Rd, Friern Barnet, London N11. From the information I gathered on the internet I found that this institution closed in 1993.
I was wondering if you could help me find info on this particular nurse.

She worked for NAAFI (when they met in Germany) before working at Friern Hospital. It's highly likely that she quit working there and rejoined NAAFI around May 1951.
The only other significant info I have is that she has/had a twin sister, who also worked in NAAFI (probably somewhere in Egypt, not sure about that)

I hope somebody can help me in my quest.

Cheers,
D

P.S. if I posted too much info in this introduction and turned it into a request, feel free to move it to the right spot on this forum.