Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Bousfield and Curtis

My brick wall is a difficult one. My early known ancestors, from my British side, are Christopher Bousfield and Helena Curtis. I know for sure that Christopher was born in England around 1790-1810. He married Helen Curtis, but I am not sure she was also English. Christopher migrated to Brazil, but before he might have gone to Uruguay for a short time. He established himself, with his wife, Helen Curtis “, in Brazil and by 1834 was a successful businessman and later had a big family. The name “Christopher” (or Cristhovao, the Portuguese equivalent) keeps repeating itself, his oldest son, born in Brazil, was also name that and there are many descendants with the second name Christopher. I have been researching non-stop for three years now, with no new information. The only records I have for them is after their arrival in Brazil. Any new information, tip, etc., would be very welcome, since I have ran out of options (I am a member of Ancestry, MyHeritage, etc.). I can give you access to my tree hosted at MyHeritage. Thank you so very much!

Super Moderator

Is that part of your family tree on Ancestry?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes, but there he is listed as Christovao Bousfield, as he was known in Brazil. Thank you!

Super Moderator

There is more than one tree on Ancestry. Do you have access to the Uk site?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

It is the “Regueira Breda Family Tree”. I can send you an invitation so you have direct access, I would just need your email. I will check now if aí have access to the UK site. Thank you!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

No luck... when I try the UK website it transfers me automatically to the US...

Super Moderator

Well if I do a general search for Bousfield, I get 922 pages of people with that name! Most seem to be in the London or West Yorkshire area. Although one one tree the Bousfield's were born in Westmorland. The dates seem to be mostly in the 1900's (Electoral Rolls etc) but I have not been through so can't say for definite. Just found some baptisms in Birmingham. Do you know where in England your Christopher may have been born?

Super Moderator

By the way - have you researched different spellings of the name? i.e Bousefield?

Super Moderator

Christopher Bousfield married Ellenor Curtis in 1825. Banns were called on 7 August, 14th August and 21st August. Saint Bride, Fleet Street, London.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you so much! I only saw your reply today. This is amazing. Do you know where I can get more information about it?