Default Lincolnshire regiment

Hi everyone.

I have been Family History searching for what seems like forever

At the moment I am researching the Lincolnshire Regiment 1st & 2nd Bat.

I am trying to obtain a copy of this book, if anyone has any ideas where I could find one, it would be much appreciated.

amazon.co
    DOT uk/dp/B000X88WMM/?coliid=IP1TQE6F0S5DJ&colid=2H3HI3F0W0WLO&psc=0&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I am located in the Midlands and I am happy to help with any research around here.

Regards

Keith G
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 02-11-2019 at 3:16 PM. Reason: post moved to own thread and commercial url deactivated

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Keith, and welcome.

There appear to be numerous copies in public libraries around Lincolnshire - see this entry from the online catalogue (link broken to make it inactive):

https://
    lincolnshire.spydus.co.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/ENQ/OPAC/BIBENQ?BRN=440876

It's probably worth checking other counties too, if they would be more convenient for you.

If you're feeling rich (and it might be cheaper than a trip to Lincolnshire anyway) you can find a few copies on sites like abebooks.co.uk and bookfinder.com

You're probably already aware of them, but for completeness it may be worth mentioning the regimental association at

thelincolnshireregiment.org/index.shtml

and the collection of original documents at Lincolnshire Archives, as listed at LincstothePast:

https://www.
    lincstothepast.com/Lincolnshire-Regiment/820965.record?pt=S

(Note to Mods: could this be moved to an appropriate forum, please?)

[Lesley: Done]

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Libraries often (or at least, used to) have an inter-library loan system, so it might be worth investigating if your local library could get one on loan for you.

Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Libraries often (or at least, used to) have an inter-library loan system, so it might be worth investigating if your local library could get one on loan for you.

Pam
    Hello Pam,

Thank you for the reply.

I did ask my local library and they found a copy at the British Library. It is not available as an inter-library loan tho! They didn't find any out in the counties tho.

Regards

Keith G

Hello Arthur,

Thank you for the swift reply, it is much appreciated.

I did try an inter-libary loan and the only copy that showed up was/is in the British Library and is only available there.

The Lincs Regt site appears to be a bit dead at the moment, the last post (no pun intended) is from May 2018.

I saw the abe books one on line but the postage is a bit steep to say the least

I will try and get my local library to contact Lincs Libraries.

I'm sure that I'll get a copy one day.

Again thank you

Keith G

In the past, I found the people at the Lincoln Archives very helpful. You say that you are in the Midlands, so if they have a book but don’t want to lend it, you could pay them a visit. They might have other material as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    In the past, I found the people at the Lincoln Archives very helpful. You say that you are in the Midlands, so if they have a book but don’t want to lend it, you could pay them a visit. They might have other material as well.
    Thank you for that.

I did a screen grab of the various libraries that hold a copy and I'll get my local one to contact them.

Regards

Keith G