Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Henshall Death Certificate

Hi All
    Juat a variation on a theme!

My name is Josie Hamnett, I'm the secretary of Dane Bank(Denton) Garden Society.
    I am trying to find a death certificate for one of our former Trustees:

Clifford Henshall, we last had an address in Offerton ,Stockport, bur our letter there has been returned stating that he had died about 13 years ago 2006.

My search on Ancestry and in the MEN BMD hasn't turned up any results for me.
    Does anyone have any ideas or clues
    thanks in anticipation
    Josie

Super Moderator

The only death I can find is registered in Stockport in 1983.

Clifford Henshall DOB 6 January 1913
    Death 1q 39 1683

Brick wall demolition expert!

Ancestry only has death indexes up to 2005.

Manchester central library has microfiches going up to either 2013 or 2015.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The only death I could find circa 2006 was Roger James Clifford Henshall, registered in Nottingham January 2007.

However, if you'd like to trot along to Manchester Central Library you should find a complete set of the GRO Indexes almost up to the present day. I'm not if you can search a whole year at once, or if you have to search each quarter/month.
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...images/CG4.pdf

I did search the Probate Calendar, without success, for 2006 onwards in case he left a will.

Pam
    who's now in a sulk because Megan types quicker than I can
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks Pam, this is not our man as I don't think that he lived in Nottingham . I too searched the probate records without sucess. Think I will finish up at Central Library . Thanks again What date do GRO death records go up to?
    Josie

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by JosieH View Post
    Thanks Pam, this is not our man as I don't think that he lived in Nottingham . I too searched the probate records without sucess. Think I will finish up at Central Library . Thanks again What date do GRO death records go up to?
    Josie
    The GRO registration indexes are a continuing thing, and I was under the impression that the seven places listed in that guide held all except the most recent ones. However Megan says the ones held by Manchester only go up to 2013 or 2015. Though if Clifford died circa 2006 then it should still found in the Manchester indexes.
    UNless of course, he was on holiday when he died and he could have died in Scotland, Northern or Southern Ireland, or anywhere abroad.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I think tat it's possible that he died in Stockport as he lived in Offerton. I think I've found his wife Joan (Groves) Henshall her obit in July 2010 says wife of the late Clifford Funeral in Heywood. Just gets more confusing, but there's always the possibility that she went to live with her children when Clifford died
    Josie