Thread: Hi All

Default Hi All

Hi All

I am trying to trace my family history in the forces, I have lots of details already but I

Really confused with the site I have put my parents details in and nothing comes up, so what am i paying for the site for if i have to go to kew or some other place to find what i thought i could find on here

or

am i doing it all wrong if so can someone point me in the right direction if i am not going to find anything by searching why am i here

thanks

eon

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

If it's WW2, it's a no go. WW2 records must be applied for,, with a copy if death cert of the deceased, and fee.

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military...-elses-records
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

eon,

When you first joined the forum in September you posted a message also entitled 'Hi all', to which I replied, giving details about service records for personnel who served after 1922 still being held by the Ministry of Defence, with link to a forum post which gives more background and also links to sending for those records.
    I also told you where to find existing service records for personnel who left the forces before 1922.

I also explained that the records on FWR usually relate to a specific part of a person's service, e.g. if they were a prisoner of war.

To see your original post and my replies, click on your username, and from the dropdown menu select 'view forum posts'.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”