Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Strange Log-in experience today!

I have BG Forums saved as a Favourite in my Safari browser and when I first joined years ago I ticked the "remember me" button, so all I normally do is to click the BG Forums tab and in I go with no further effort on my part. However when I did this today it took me to a new British Genealogy homepage I'd never seen before but I wasn't apparently logged in to the forum. So I tried several times to log in and it kept telling me that my username was incorrect then my password was incorrect. I tried several times and it became a loop because it wouldn't recognise my username, my password or my normal email address.

Then I spotted a tab at the top concerning the Free BG Forum so I clicked on that and found myself logged in to the forum - hence this puzzled post.

Can anyone tell me what's happened since I last logged in successfully 2 nights ago? It appears that the BG homepage I found myself on is not connected to my BG Forums login which is presumably why my attempts to log in to what I thought was a new BG Forums homepage wasn't working, although why I need two different log ins for the same company beats me.
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

We’ve been/ are being moved to a new, more secure site using updated software with more up to date features.

Today’s the day that I spend at the office, so I don’t know how far it’s got. I’m glad you finally got in. I had a similar experience yesterday.

Brick wall demolition expert!

It may be a transitional issue, but at the moment once your in and working on a thread you find that you've lost the top bar showing the button to go to other forums. The only way to get to that is go back to the log in page.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    It may be a transitional issue, but at the moment once your in and working on a thread you find that you've lost the top bar showing the button to go to other forums. The only way to get to that is go back to the log in page.
    At the bottom of every page there's a blue banner with contact us, home, mod, archive, terms and conditions, and top links.
    Click 'home', and it will take you to the page with all the forums listed.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Brick wall demolition expert!

Thanks Pam.

Famous for offering help & advice

I HATE the new background - aren't we supposed to be a Genealogy Site?
    NOT just for the UK.
    NOT just for the military.
    Certainly NOT affiliated to political extremism.

Jane

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Whether you hate the background or not, things move on. The site isn't up to it's full re-vamp yet. So, I suggest you give a fairer opinion when it's all finished.

Errrr, it's BRITISH Genealogy, isn't Britain the UK.

As Brit-Gen is part of Forces War Records, it isn't.

I can see no mention of Political extremism, are you sure you're on the right web site.

Steve.

PS. I had no problem logging in, but was surprised by the new layout. Took me 10 seconds to work that out, and log in.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Whoa Jane! What am I missing? I can see that using a Union flag on the homepage probably gives the wrong message to posters from countries all round the world. The military connection has been there since the current owners bought the site a few years ago. But where's the extremism bit?

Tony
    "People will not look forward to posterity who never look backward to their ancestors.” Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    We’ve been/ are being moved to a new, more secure site using updated software with more up to date features.

Today’s the day that I spend at the office, so I don’t know how far it’s got. I’m glad you finally got in. I had a similar experience yesterday.
    Any chance of getting the THANKS button back when the move to the new site is complete?
    I haven't had any log in problems.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by David Tuson View Post
    Any chance of getting the THANKS button back when the move to the new site is complete?
    I haven't had any log in problems.
    Unfortunately I think the 'thanks' button is history. (Behind the scenes, I've been making myself a nuisance, the amount of noise I've been making about it being missing since June. )
    I would happily swop the vast majority of the smilies for that button.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast