Thread: Marriage

Default Marriage

Hi , I’ve a marriage @ Clippesby for John Drake & Phillis Gray St Peters Oct17 1757
    My problem on free sites it don’t state parish John came from , would be so grateful if someone would look on FMP. Phillis was born Clippesby Norfolk . It would help me in finding his parents . Many thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

It says 'of Clippesby', but obviously just means that he was living there when he married.

Incidentally, which 'free sites' did you find that transcription on, because I can't find it.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator

There are a lot of baptisms on Ancestry for John Drake and Phillis. The first I have found (so far) is Phyllis in 1861 in the parish of Thyrne with Oby. Looks like all the other children were baptised in Clippesby and some married there too.

Thank you Pam I got the record from Norfolk transcriptions as they now doing marriages , couldn’t find it on family search .
    But I’m grateful to you , was hoping it did mention something . John & phillis had Children Phillis , Robert ,Mary , william suemalings that ive found

Super Moderator

William was baptised in Acle in 1774
    Mary baptised Clippersby 01/09/1965
    Phyllis, Clippersby 1761
    Robert baptised Clippersby 26/05/1771 Buried Clippersby 29/09/1771
    Sarah baptised Clippersby 22/07/1770 Buried Clippersby 04/02/1770

I know none of the above info will help you find the father of John but I have found another child or you!

Many thanks Suemalings for your help

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by alaska View Post
    Thank you Pam I got the record from Norfolk transcriptions as they now doing marriages , couldn’t find it on family search .
    But I’m grateful to you , was hoping it did mention something . John & phillis had Children Phillis , Robert ,Mary , william suemalings that ive found
    Having looked at that site at https://www.tinstaafl.co.uk/eandwhmi/
    I would assume that where a parish of abode isn't listed then it's the same as the parish in which the couple are marrying.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Thank you Pam