Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Jomot1 View Post
    See post #34. This seems to be his family.

ADDED: Posts crossed.
    Ahhh!! Thank you! I didn't find this at all! Not sure what I was searching, but I think you're most definitely correct! I didn't check the previous posts again after getting the marriage certificate and was thrown off by the different dates in the marriage certificate and the 1939 register. My mother's DNA matches brings up quite a few Hughes in the closest matches, and I had a feeling it would be the surname which would crop up first (based on your post, though I drew a blank when the dob was different!).

though I drew a blank when the dob was different!)
    There isn't a DOB on census returns, only age of a person when the census was taken. As the 1939 Register has DOB Sept 1887 and the 1891 census was taken 5th April John Henry has been correctly entered as 3yrs old, he wouldn't be four until Sept of that year.
    Last edited by almach; 27-11-2019 at 3:59 PM. Reason: correction: 1939 changed from census to register
    Alma

Brick wall demolition expert!

I have done a little “rooting around” on Ancestry and found a family tree, which is definitely related to you, complete with pictures of Owen Parry and Mary Ellen Hughes, and of a number of John Henry’s siblings. It refers to John Henry as John, but it is the same family.

The name of the tree is “Huddart – Latest” and the tree’s owner is “Toontoon99”.

It takes it back a generation beyond Owen, but it only seems to pick up the story from the time he married Mary Ellen in 1857.

Another researcher, (“parrypenshaw”) who I think is a descendant of one of John Henry’s brothers, has provided a birth certificate for Mary Ellen Hughes, which identifies her parents. That birth certifcate is in the “Huddart – Latest” tree. I have checked the GRO index and there was only one Mary Ellen Hughes born at about the right time on Anglesey so I think we can safely say that they have the right certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post
    I have done a little “rooting around” on Ancestry and found a family tree, which is definitely related to you, complete with pictures of Owen Parry and Mary Ellen Hughes, and of a number of John Henry’s siblings. It refers to John Henry as John, but it is the same family.

The name of the tree is “Huddart – Latest” and the tree’s owner is “Toontoon99”.

It takes it back a generation beyond Owen, but it only seems to pick up the story from the time he married Mary Ellen in 1857.

Another researcher, (“parrypenshaw”) who I think is a descendant of one of John Henry’s brothers, has provided a birth certificate for Mary Ellen Hughes, which identifies her parents. That birth certifcate is in the “Huddart – Latest” tree. I have checked the GRO index and there was only one Mary Ellen Hughes born at about the right time on Anglesey so I think we can safely say that they have the right certificate.
    Amazing! Yes, this is most certainly correct! I can even see that in the census transcription that they missed out an H for his middle name.

Thank you so much! This has been a part of the family that nobody knew of, and now it looks to have been resolved. I see there is still more room to research further back too, so I will try to find out what I can.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Roberts View Post

Just wanted to update this. One of those people with the trees on Ancestry recently took a DNA test, and it confirmed the relationship! Thanks for the help! It's been great to be able to fill in the blanks in the tree!

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Thanks for the update. Always nice to know that our sleuths have been of help.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456