Default Is my baby boy British?

Hi everyone,

I might have come to the wrong place, but I am trying everything to find evidence that supports my theory:

My boyfriend was born in a BMH in Hannover 1986 and we thought that would make him British (because born on british soil) but apparently hes only British by descent according to the Passport office.

They are requesting tones of documents to support my boyfriends claim he is British before they can proceed with our sons passport application.

Details:

Grandfather served in the army (Richard Michael Malin 1976-1992 RCT)
    Father born in BMH Hannover 1986 (already holds a british passport)
    Son born in a hospital here in Germany to me German mum.

I would be greatful for any evidence, that shows a ´British Military Hospital is classed as "in the UK" or "on british soil".

Thank you *deep breath*
    Regina

I'm sorry, but we can't deal with queries involving living people (see our TOC), or legal problems.

I can talk about myself without breaking the TOC - I was born in an overseas BMH to parents who were both British at the time. I have always had a British birth certificate and passport.
    I don't think that there is any way to avoid the papers they are demanding at the moment, unless he has a British birth certificate. It is the birth certificate that is important. His father should know.

You can also check the website of your local British Embassy.